Tampa--Arriving Early, Walk to Shops or Something?

psyllie

Our plane gets in pretty early and we'll go straight from the airport to the port. We haven't sailed from Tampa before. I don't think we can get on board right away, but I believe we would be able to check our bags and wander around for a while, right? Are the shops within walking distance? Would there be a shop nearby where we could buy a 12-pack of water or soda to take on with us, or is it more mall-like shops only?

TIA!

If you have cruise line transfers you will turn you luggage over at the airport.

The ships usually arrive early and there should be porters on hand when you arrive if you are going by taxi.

There are shops along Channelside Drive if you want to shop/browse for a while. There is also a small mall with some shops and restaurants if you turn left when leaving the terminal area. You can see the ship from there also.

I'm guessing that you will only have a couple of hours at the most to wander around. Boarding usually is in full swing by noon.

Charlie

Thanks for the info--we figure if all goes well we would be at the port around 10 a.m. As long as we can drop off the bags we will enjoy walking around.

Anyplace to buy water or soda, though--or should we ask our taxi driver to stop along the way?

Thanks for the info--we figure if all goes well we would be at the port around 10 a.m. As long as we can drop off the bags we will enjoy walking around.

Anyplace to buy water or soda, though--or should we ask our taxi driver to stop along the way?

I`d have the taxi stop for your supplies enroute to the pier.

I`d have the taxi stop for your supplies enroute to the pier.

I agree. There's realy no affordable place to buy cruise supplies right outside the port. However, there are definiately several cool shops to check out while you wait for sailaway.

Dianne

When we flew in for the Miracle day of the sailing 5 years ago, I paid an extra couple of bucks and the taxi driver stopped at Publix on the way to the port. I stayed in the taxi, hubby went in and bought 2 12 packs of soda. Easy Peasy!

Archived