Booked kids in seperate cabin question..

gretchen9903

I know I've seen something on the boards before about this, but can't find it anywhere now that we are getting close to sailing!

We booked 2 cabins, one for my husband and I and one for our 2 girls. Since we had to book with an adult in each room, we are split up. What is the best way to get our "correct" room keys, when we check in, or after we are on board?

Also, is it at all possible that I have a key to access both rooms?

Any suggestion from anyone with experience with this would be so appreciated!

This happened to us on the Noordam last September. Our 'kids' were aged 23 and 18, but as HAL requires one person to be over 25, DH and I had to book a cabin each.

We headed straight to the Front Desk after boarding to sort out key cards. They were very helpful and not only provided the cards we requested, but also changed the names for the cabins so that invitations etc went to the correct cabin numbers. There's a possibility that they were so co-operative because of our children's ages - I don't know how they would react with younger children.

Our 'kids' love HAL and still want to cruise with us (at our expense, of course!) so we're all booked on a Baltic cruise on the Eurodam next June. Fortunately no more cabin problems, as by then DD will be 25!

When we sailed on Princess, we got a cabin across the hall for my son who was 16 and his friend who was 18. Princess didn't care so much about the age thing because my husband & I were across the hall and down 1 door. When I requested a card for me to use to get into the room if I needed to, there was no problem. Came in handy to get the boys out of bed in time for early morning excursions.

Our next cruise is on HAL and our cabins are set up very odd. My oldest (27) and youngest (19) are in one cabin and my son's girlfriend (18) is in her own cabin. Don't know if it's because the boys are sailing with FCC's and the girl is not - but we'll just have it fixed when we board.

Archived