Ocho Rios Beaches Boscobel...

fofun

Has anyone ever gone to Beaches Boscobel on a day pass? If so, how long does it take to get to the resort - is it safe to take a cab? Please only reply if you have visited the resort from the cruise ship and if you feel that it's something that can be done in a day w/ out missing the ship. Thanks...

Has anyone ever gone to Beaches Boscobel on a day pass? If so, how long does it take to get to the resort - is it safe to take a cab? Please only reply if you have visited the resort from the cruise ship and if you feel that it's something that can be done in a day w/ out missing the ship. Thanks...

You might have narrowed who you wish to answer your question way too much, understandably so :-). Some on this board have stayed at these resorts for land vacation, more familiar with the area and might be able to help. In term of safety what are your concerns, locals, weed or returning alive? Local-nay, weed- nay/yeah, returning alive-yeah

I would go to those beaches that are part of the ships excursions. I would not do them on your own.

Keith

smh...'those beaches' , you responded w/o reading, understanding or possible visited Jamaica or Beaches for sure. Beaches Boscobel is a family resort associated with Sandals. Though over priced, it's the best family resort on the island. What 'beaches' are you talking about, Reggae, Margaritaville?

OP- Beaches, I assume the family resort, is about 20 minutes from the pier. Yes, it is safe to take a cab. There are cabs with read lincese plate but negotiate the fare before going in. Yes, you will have enough time to enjoy the day and be back in time. I have visited the resort on land vacations. For similar amenities, closer, and less pricey, take a look at the Sunset Jamaica Grande. Yes, I have land vacation here as well. Again if you don't trust to take a cab to go 20 minutes to a specific destination then make this a ship day.

Archived