Change Celebrity?

GeorgeL

For me, I would have a small, intimate cigar bar....Always like that on ships...

My DH would like that-- there's a nice small L space in Michaels on S class ships that might easily be converted-- having the cigar smokers sit outside on an upper deck is not really so nice or conducive to enjoying their cigar & a brandy!

Overall X is excellent & hope it does not change very much in terms of style & ambiance!

The new beverage packages are very expensive unless you drink a lot. If I drank enough to break even, I would be ill or would sleep through the entire cruise. I'd like to see a package where you buy a certain number of drinks in advance for a discount and you can share the package, like the Princess coffee card. Including unlimited fountain drinks with this package would work too.

Simply ... more things to do.... I'm not looking for lots of noisy entertainment but when they've got facilities I find it really odd that they don't use them (such as on board cinema facilities), quizzes are good Ice breakers and not just Bridge - let's have Scrabble (I'll even do American spellings!)

David

I think that would have worked very well before the dining rooms were split for traditional and select dining, but would not work now. However, now that Celebrity's new ships have multiple specialty restaurants, I think it would be a good idea to have one of them with full service that is always casual.

I meant to include my previous post quoted above - NCL has two main dining rooms and one is for people who prefer to dress more formally because their formal night is optional. However, they only have open seating so it works well for them.

I want to whine about Celebrity leaving Baltimore. My DH & I recently ('07) became turned on to cruising & were all happy about being able to sail our favorite cruise line out of Baltimore. It's a lovely cruise port. So my #1 request would be Celebrity (ANY SHIP) sailing out of Baltimore again.

Annie

We LOVE the port of Baltimore - cm'mon Celebrity - show us some love.

Bring the food quality and selection back to the way it used to be....

to captstubing--

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances." - Martha Washington

"There's a party all the time for them what choose." - Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem

Martha sounds like my kinda woman!

Closed circuit to captstubing, if you're monitoring this thread-- I hope you didn't think I was ridiculing the quote you had in your signature. I noticed that, shortly after I quoted it, you removed it. If you just decided that it was time to retire it, that's certainly your decision, but I wouldn't want you to feel that others, such as I, did not appreciate it.

I was struck by the similarity of the sentiment expressed by both Martha Washington and by the Muppet master, Jim Henson. The meaning of both is to take whatever situation you're in, good or bad, and make the best of it. If you choose to do so, you can turn any situation into a good time with the right outlook.

Please, bring it back!

Simply ... more things to do.... I'm not looking for lots of noisy entertainment but when they've got facilities I find it really odd that they don't use them (such as on board cinema facilities), quizzes are good Ice breakers and not just Bridge - let's have Scrabble (I'll even do American spellings!)

David

Does UK Scrabble include extra U's?:D

I loved both Jacksonville and Galveston as cruiseports. While I can understand discontinuing Galveston (bizarro Customs rules courtesy of the state of Texas), I couldn't understand why JAX was discontinued.

And I think that a drink package for 2 would be a great thing. But please make it cheaper than buying 2 individual packages.

I'm still hoping for year-round Caribbean sailings.... :p

I absolutely love Celebrity, but, please no more changes to make X more like the other mass lines. Eventually there may not be anything left to distinguish X from the other guys.

No more dumbing-down of the dress code. There are plenty of options for those who want a come-as-you-are experience. I love the traditional nature of X, and dressing up, for me, indicates this is something special, not just dinner at Applebee's.

getting rid of formal/semi-formal nights; or at least splitting MDR so that those who want formal/semi-formal can have it, and those that don't, don't need to comply.

We totally agree with this and wish they would give it a try! We love everything about Celebrity except the formal nights.

More late evening entertainment.....I don't hate what they have; they just need a few more choices 10PM-1AM...

Earlier, "Gracie115," I noticed that "Lois R" worried about being "flamed" when she suggested lower single supplements. I'm glad that she was not only not flamed, but even "seconded" (more than once). I will second her suggestion ... and I will second YOUR suggestion too. Finally, I will expand on your suggestion at the risk of being "flamed" myself.

In the few months I've been reading and contributing here, I've read MILLIONS of words without ever seeing anyone mention something that I like very much -- something that I saw only two or three times on a 14-day Millennium cruise that I took. It is something, "Gracie115," that (if done properly) could be one of those "few more choices 10PM-1AM" that you long for.

I'm referring to Karaoke. I'd like to see this available at least every other late night (preferably every late night) -- in a small, cozy bar/lounge venue, where I could feel comfortable as a singer -- not in a huge room (like the Rendezvous Lounge used on Millie). Several large TV screens should be used for the lyrics -- not the single tiny karaoke screen that I've seen on Millie (and on a RCI ship). Finally, the karaoke should be made to have a "touch of class" -- in keeping with the "X" tradition -- by including only "decent" (beautiful) music, not the trash used on some non-X ships, which attracts rowdy drunkards.

Thanks for asking, OP.

We totally agree with this and wish they would give it a try! We love everything about Celebrity except the formal nights.

We sailed on Azamara recently and there were no formal nights. Believe it or not, most passengers still dressed very well, almost on par with the "formal" nights on Celebrity and I didn't see anyone in shorts. I really enjoyed the more relaxed atmosphere.

Archived