On carnival web site say 1 bottle alcohol..SMUGGLING NOT

manderson110

On carnival web it still say that you can bring 1 bottle of alcohol.. So it is thing smuggling.. NOT TO ME

That is not what the site says, it says you can bring a bottle of wine. Most of the people talking about smuggling are talking about hard liquor or beer.

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to the guest’s stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either ca

All alcohol/hard liquor/beer (sealed, unopened bottles/cans), wine/champagne over the allowable 1-bottle per guest (sealed, unopened bottles) or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages (over 12 per person, sealed, unopened bottles/cans) will be confiscated and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to the guest’s stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either ca

Here is the part you missed.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. (A corkage fee is a charge exacted at a restaurant for every bottle of liquor served that was not bought on the premises)

I think you are miss reading what that is saying and it is saying that you can of course bring on alcohol/hard liquor/beer and wine over 1-bottle per guest and it will be taken and be returned to you when at the end of the voyage.

if there was another comma after the wine part then you might have a case for what you are saying.

This is what I see:

Confiscated Items

• Alcohol (hard liquor)/sealed, unopened bottles

• Beer/sealed, unopened bottles/cans

• Wine or champagne/sealed, unopened bottles - beyond the allowable limit of one bottle per adult 21 years of age (brought on at embarkation time only)

[ source: http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=luggage+and+valuables#q-245 ]

Methinks one has to be able to hold one's liquor, in order to smuggle-er, I mean carry it on. :p

And I had 4 bottles of champagne (with 5 other peeps; I'm not a total alky) for breakfast. :D

If you only had 4 bottles of champagne for 6 adults, you clearly were not following the rules -- you should have taken 6 bottles. :D

Hey guys....I have a question. I understand that i can bring a bottle of wine on the ship, but will they ice it down for me in the dining room or will I have to? :confused: And if I have to...how do I do it? I likes me wine cool...like me :cool:.

Hey guys....I have a question. I understand that i can bring a bottle of wine on the ship, but will they ice it down for me in the dining room or will I have to? :confused: And if I have to...how do I do it? I likes me wine cool...like me :cool:.

You do it by tipping your waiter very graciously PLUS pay the corking fee.

Archived