Personal Health Policy?

kaeffe

Does your health insurance protect you out of the country? Mexico? Can you get just trip cancelation and air med out coverage? How does trip insurance work with a personal policy?

You will find that personal health insurance policies do not provide coverage outside the USA. I highly recommend getting at a minimum health coverage while on a cruise.

Keith

Plenty of policies DO provide international coverage. The one provided to me by my employers certainly does.

Does your health insurance protect you out of the country? Mexico? Can you get just trip cancelation and air med out coverage? How does trip insurance work with a personal policy?

You'd have to ask your insurance company; this is not a question we can answer for you.

But yes, I think TravelGuard, among others, offers "custom" policies that let you exclude at least some things. However, they are often priced to a level that it isn't worth it.

SirWired

Plenty of policies DO provide international coverage. The one provided to me by my employers certainly does.

The majority of politicies do not provide coverage outside of the USA. If yours does that is great but most peoples policies do not cover that.

In addition, when once gets travel insurance it will cover other items that your medical policy will not cover that related to the cruise itself.

Keith

Our medical insurance will cover us outside of the US. You need to call your company and find out about your plan.

If you purchase trip insurance that includes medical coverage, whichever policy is primary (your personal medical insurance or the travel insurance medical) will have to be billed and make payment first.

In our state, travel insurance is always primary. I don't know about yours. You can usually pay more to make your travel insurance primary; you'd have to look at the policy.

Advise you just purchase the package that includes medical; probably will be easier and not much more anyway.

Does your health insurance protect you out of the country? Mexico? You need to contact your Insurance Provider directly. No one on this forum can accurately tell you whether or not your policy cover you out of the country. Only your Insurance provider can clarifiy this for you.

Can you get just trip cancelation and air med out coverage? Check out www.insuremytrip.com and www.squaremouth.com to compare travel insurance companies and policies.

How does trip insurance work with a personal policy? If your personal policy doesn't cover you for foreign travel than what's there to work ???

Good Luck in deciding.

Archived