Celebrity E-docs problem

MI-DI

Anyone know who is responsible for getting the E-docs to us? Celebrity says it is the TA's job and our TA doesn't seem to care if we receive them or not. If not processed, can this cause any problems when time to board the ship? Know we don't actually need to have these, but can't get pre-printed luggage tags unless E-docs are done. Thanks for any advice.

FYI, Edocs are informational only and are NOT required to board. Your Set Sail pass(or whatever Celebrity calls it) is all you need to board. Your edocs link will appear about a day after you complete the pre-reg.

We have got our e-docs from our travel agent. They sent hard copies as my printer is broken. Have done our own Set Sail Passes. for this any any previous cruises, even if they have been booked through a TA.

We are in the UK

Unless the e-docs have been done you cant do that !!

You do not require edocs to do the online check in...I have done ours weeks ago, and still not received edocs ..even tho we sail in under 3 weeks.

I've been told all the docs you need to board are the xpress pass you print when online check in is completed, passports and the credit card you registered on the check in form.

You do not require edocs to do the online check in...I have done ours weeks ago, and still not received edocs ..even tho we sail in under 3 weeks.

I've been told all the docs you need to board are the xpress pass you print when online check in is completed, passports and the credit card you registered on the check in form.

You are correct! The passports, Xpress pass, and the same credit card you plan to take on the ship. I had left the credit card at home on my desk that I registered. It took what seemed like forever to register at check in because of different credit card!

The e docs are not necessary to board the ship.

Sounds like your travel agent is not on her toes. You should be able to do online checkin. We did and we are booked through a TA.

You can't print your Xpress pass until you are paid in full. Has your TA sent in your payment?

No one sent us our e-docs. We got them from the Celebrity web site.

First, we always do the online check-in. You can do this right after making your initial reservation deposit, but we usually do it a week or two after making the final payment. We do this on the Celebrity web site by going to the "my celebrity" part of the web site, then linking to our cruise reservation which is listed there even though we book through a travel agent.

After we've done the online check-in we print our xpress pass which can be used as a boarding document to get into port security. By getting to the point where you print out your express pass we also know that all of the required pre-boarding info is in Celebrity's system.

Around 5 or 6 weeks before our cruise we've found that the e-docs are available for viewing, printing and/or downloading from Celebrity's site. A link to these appears on the same page that you would print another copy of the xpress pass from. We usually get an email from Celebrity that these are available but on our most recent cruise I just checked at 5 weeks out and it was there. At the same time a link appears on our reservation summary to order pre-printed luggage tags.

That is how it has worked for us. I presume these steps could probably be done in a different order and/or at different times but wanted to say how we've done it our last few cruises in case it has made a difference.

I haven't sailed with Celebrity for about six years. Do they still mail you the luggage tags and boarding documents? Thanks

There is a spot on their site where you can request luggage tags. They no longer mail paper doc's unless you want to pay extra for them.

Personally, JMHO, I think both RCCL and X are creating work for us passengers in the on line check-in.

1. Why do you have to wait days/weeks before you can print out your boarding passes after you made your final payment?

2. Why do you have to wait weeks after you made your final payment, printed your boarding passes - to request Luggage tags?

3. Why do you have to request Luggage tags?

That is totally not user friendly!

When you print out your boarding pass, you should be able to get/print your luggage tags or they should automatically send them to you without requesting them.

This has taken automation a step backwards.

You are correct! The passports, Xpress pass, and the same credit card you plan to take on the ship. I had left the credit card at home on my desk that I registered. It took what seemed like forever to register at check in because of different credit card!
This post caught my interest and surprised me because our experience using a different credit card on our last cruise was so different from yours.

We had been anticipating a delay at check in when we wanted to use a different credit card, but we encountered no delay and no problem at all. When we mentioned to the woman at the check-in counter that we would be using a different card, she said that was fine. She just swiped the new credit card and handed it back to us together with our seapass cards. It was no different from all the other times when we checked in using the same card that we had originally registered.

Now I am wondering why we had such different experiences. Just guessing here but maybe it was only a matter of the different check-in agents we happened to encounter.

Personally, JMHO, I think both RCCL and X are creating work for us passengers in the on line check-in.

1. Why do you have to wait days/weeks before you can print out your boarding passes after you made your final payment?

quote]

You do NOT have to wait!

You can print out boarding passes as soon as Celebrity gets the final payment!

quote]

You do NOT have to wait!

You can print out boarding passes as soon as Celebrity gets the final payment!

Well I made my final payment a week ago 08/09/10 and when I go to the X site, sign-in, go to On-line check-in, I see everything complete but the Xpress Passes - Not Available. I even checked my Credit Card to ensure that my payment was posted and it is.

So, what do you think of that?

Once again there seems to be no consistency here. I printed my X-press pass right AFTER my deposit but way BEFORE final payment. I'm about 8 weeks out and I can't yet access e-docs or order luggage tags.

Additionally, about 2 weeks ago, i was able to order a beverage package (but didn't since I was not sure if I wanted one or not). Now I can no longer order them. All the =X= phone rep says is: You should be able to order it. Keep checking.

About printing your own luggage tags. Aren't they easily torn since they are so flimsy? Do you guys ever worry that they will get so damaged after you hand your luggage over to the porters that your luggage might get lost?

I just use clear packing tape to sort of "laminate" them and no way will they fall off. It's a nuisance, but such is the price of paying less for a cruise. It's really no big deal.

I just use clear packing tape to sort of "laminate" them and no way will they fall off. It's a nuisance, but such is the price of paying less for a cruise. It's really no big deal.

Go to WalMart and buy Plastic Card Holders which are very cheap (less than $2 for more than 10) and that really does work. Used them many times before.

Well I made my final payment a week ago 08/09/10 and when I go to the X site, sign-in, go to On-line check-in, I see everything complete but the Xpress Passes - Not Available. I even checked my Credit Card to ensure that my payment was posted and it is.

So, what do you think of that?

Did you pay X OR YOUR TRAVEL AGENT. i WOULD CALL THEM BECAUSE SOMETHING IS CLEARLY WRONG IF YOU PAID them or all of your info is not complete.

Once again there seems to be no consistency here. I printed my X-press pass right AFTER my deposit but way BEFORE final payment. I'm about 8 weeks out and I can't yet access e-docs or order luggage tags.

Additionally, about 2 weeks ago, i was able to order a beverage package (but didn't since I was not sure if I wanted one or not). Now I can no longer order them. All the =X= phone rep says is: You should be able to order it. Keep checking.

Customer service says luggage tags are available 45 days to 14 days out. If you are within 14 days that's too close to your cruise.

About printing your own luggage tags. Aren't they easily torn since they are so flimsy? Do you guys ever worry that they will get so damaged after you hand your luggage over to the porters that your luggage might get lost?

Laminate them or use "sticky back plastic". Even with the labels Celebrity send, I make extras/duplicates "just in case" and strengthen them in this way.

Sue

Now I can no longer order them. All the =X= phone rep says is: You should be able to order it. Keep checking.

Celebrity's website leaves a lot to be desired. As you were told, keep checking ! Sometimes it doesn't even show details of all of the reservations made (and paid) altho' the "count" stays correct under each category.

I made a specialty dining resv. (7pm) about two weeks ago and received email confirmation. Now, looking at their site the time has jumped to far too late (9pm). I called and after some delay was told that they couldn't explain this, no record of the change was shown and they would contact the ship. Nothing more heard tho' was promised a call or email.

So tonight, a few days later, I try to cancel the resv. and the site (still showing 9pm) wouldn't let me do it ! ! ! So I guess I'll be on the phone tomorrow . . .

Archived