Celebrity E-docs problem

MI-DI

Hmm interesting topic.

I made my final payment to my TA for our 17 Sept cruise weeks ago. I have filled in all the relevant online check in info and the Express pass is still saying "not available" and there is nowhere on my documents to request luggage tags or download e docs as I have done on a prevous cruise.

I called Celebrity yesterday and they said my travel agent needs to "complete some formalities" before they can release the express passes.TA says they have done everything but will look into it. Everyone else on our roll call has had their docs, now I am getting concerned that our travel agent who has recently been taken over by a large agency here in the UK is really not doing their job.Very frustrated!!!

This is our first Celebrity cruise, and I've printed our 'xpress passes' from the Celebrity website, but can't see anything mentioning a 'set sail pass'.

Please could anyone tell me if a 'set sail pass' is the same thing as an 'xpress pass'? Or do I need both?

Many thanks

Heather

Did you pay X OR YOUR TRAVEL AGENT. i WOULD CALL THEM BECAUSE SOMETHING IS CLEARLY WRONG IF YOU PAID them or all of your info is not complete.

My TA called in the payment to X. Apparently, X is really having problems with their IT department and Applications.

Hmm interesting topic.

I made my final payment to my TA for our 17 Sept cruise weeks ago. I have filled in all the relevant online check in info and the Express pass is still saying "not available" and there is nowhere on my documents to request luggage tags or download e docs as I have done on a prevous cruise.

I called Celebrity yesterday and they said my travel agent needs to "complete some formalities" before they can release the express passes.TA says they have done everything but will look into it. Everyone else on our roll call has had their docs, now I am getting concerned that our travel agent who has recently been taken over by a large agency here in the UK is really not doing their job.Very frustrated!!!

That sounds like an agency starting with C that used to be based in Bournemouth and has been taken over by one in Cumbria!

Well I made my final payment a week ago 08/09/10 and when I go to the X site, sign-in, go to On-line check-in, I see everything complete but the Xpress Passes - Not Available. I even checked my Credit Card to ensure that my payment was posted and it is.

So, what do you think of that?

If you didn't scroll all the way down on the final agreement before the signature line it will not allow you to print. They try to make you read the entire contract, as soon as you do that you may print.

Spot on!!!

Have you had problems too?

Yes, I find the 'northern' agents totally useless. They do not seem to have a clue. Am not sure what to do? Can we go to Celebrity and say we wish to transfer the booking back to them?

I paid for my 4 October cruise weeks ago, we are well past the final date stated on Celebrity's conformation, yet I cannot get the e-tickets.

In the past the second I paid the c finders the e-ticket became availble online.

Ian

This is our first Celebrity cruise, and I've printed our 'xpress passes' from the Celebrity website, but can't see anything mentioning a 'set sail pass'.

Please could anyone tell me if a 'set sail pass' is the same thing as an 'xpress pass'? Or do I need both?

Many thanks

Heather

Same thing

Hi Ian

Glad its not just me having problems. I too find the new staff to be quite unhelpful and they don't have direct phone numbers either.

I have e mailed Davina from CF who is still involved with the new set up and she is supposed to be looking into it for me but that was yesterday.

Sadly I have another cruise in May booked with them too. Had a heck of a job getting a price drop applied but I finally managed it. I certainly won't be booking anymore with them.

I also wondered if I could get it transferred but will probably loose the discounts if we did.

If you want to e mail me rather than hijack this thread any further its lisahubball at yahoo dotcom.

Thanks Lisa

If you didn't scroll all the way down on the final agreement before the signature line it will not allow you to print. They try to make you read the entire contract, as soon as you do that you may print.

Thanks for trying to help. Just did that again. Still no change. This has to be the most UNFRIENDLY site available on the Internet.

I even went through each page of our on-line check in process. That did not help or change anything either.

Celebrity Customer Service is really poor. I called my TA whom in turn called X and X told my TA that I was paid in full. Apparently I made some changes to my personal information, which I did not. So my TA told me to call X Customer Service. I did and X CS told me I am not fully paid up. X told me to call my TA as X CS could not give me any info. My TA needs to handle this. I told X CS that I just talked to my TA and told X CS what my TA told me.

Then I asked to speak to a Supervisor/Manager. The X CS Manager tried to give me the same run around. Finally, she told me I have not paid for my Insurance or Prepaid Tips. I told X that my Invoice never showed or should have included these two items and I never requested them. Sorry, call your TA.

TA in process of working on this.

In reference to Luggage Tags. That is a total different process and they cannot do anything to change it. You can request your LTs 30 days before sail date, but you can print out your Xpress Pass at anytime. LOL When I asked why this is so disjointed, they could only say 'Thats the way it is.'

Hope this helps some of you. Don't wait around if you cannot print out your Xpress Pass. Take action!

Hmm interesting topic.

"Complete formalities" is polite Celeb speak for 'your travel agent hasn't passed over the funds yet'. They are not allowed to tell you this of course.:rolleyes:

When Celeb have the money they will release the tickets.

When Celeb have the money you will be able to print off your XPass

When the tickets have been released you can print these off yourself from the website

When the tickets have been released you can order bag tags yourself from the website

You can order the bag tags up to 14 days prior to sailing.

All is totally resting on when your agent pays over the ££££!

"Complete formalities" is polite Celeb speak for 'your travel agent hasn't passed over the funds yet'. They are not allowed to tell you this of course.:rolleyes:

When Celeb have the money they will release the tickets.

When Celeb have the money you will be able to print off your XPass

When the tickets have been released you can print these off yourself from the website

When the tickets have been released you can order bag tags yourself from the website

You can order the bag tags up to 14 days prior to sailing.

All is totally resting on when your agent pays over the ££££!

Regardless of what is 'polite' there is a big disconnect between X and the TAs as I have stated below. Why should you or anyone have to wait until 30 days and up to 14 days prior to sailing to order bag tags? What is the big deal here? This is total what we call in the USA 'Goat Ropping!' You Brits call it 'Ballacks!' LOL

Update: Just spoke to my TA. Apparently X has an internal problem with bookings by automatically assigning people to My Time/Anytime dining and thus requiring Pre-Paid Tips. My Invoice from my TA showed that I requested Late Dining not any other time dining. So, TA called X to get that dining corrected and I should be able to printout my docs later today.

Maybe other people who are having the same problem with docs should have their TAs check with X to see if that same problem occurred with their booking.

[quote name='Oxo']Celebrity Customer Service is really poor. I called my TA whom in turn called X and X told my TA that I was paid in full. Apparently I made some changes to my personal information, which I did not. So my TA told me to call X Customer Service. I did and X CS told me I am not fully paid up. X told me to call my TA as X CS could not give me any info. My TA needs to handle this. I told X CS that I just talked to my TA and told X CS what my TA told me.
Then I asked to speak to a Supervisor/Manager. The X CS Manager tried to give me the same run around. Finally, she told me I have not paid for my Insurance or Prepaid Tips. I told X that my Invoice never showed or should have included these two items and I never requested them. Sorry, call your TA.

TA in process of working on this.

In reference to Luggage Tags. That is a total different process and they cannot do anything to change it. You can request your LTs 30 days before sail date, but you can print out your Xpress Pass at anytime. LOL When I asked why this is so disjointed, they could only say 'Thats the way it is.'

Hope this helps some of you. Don't wait around if you cannot print out your Xpress Pass. Take action![/QUOTE]

Wow, you have to be pro-active today. I just finished posting my previous update, then went into X site again. Now I can print out my Xpress Pass. Next crisis is requesting Luggage Tags. LOL
Not really funny. I think it is a Pain in the U no where!!!

[quote name='Oxo']Personally, JMHO, I think both RCCL and X are creating work for us passengers in the on line check-in.
1. Why do you have to wait days/weeks before you can print out your boarding passes after you made your final payment?
2. Why do you have to wait weeks after you made your final payment, printed your boarding passes - to request Luggage tags?
3. Why do you have to request Luggage tags?

That is totally not user friendly!

When you print out your boarding pass, you should be able to get/print your luggage tags or they should automatically send them to you without requesting them.

This has taken automation a step backwards.[/QUOTE]

This is still loads faster than the airlines that make you wait until 24 hours before your flight to print out a boarding pass.

I can understand you're being anxious to get them but does it really make a difference if you get them several months before you cruise or just one month before?

You do not have to request luggage tags. Preprinted luggage tags are not necessary and they can put luggage tags on your bags at the port. Takes 5 minutes or less to do that. I think a lot of folks liked having he preprinted tags and Celebrity has made them available on request even though they are not necessary.

[quote name='Lsimon']You do not have to request luggage tags. Preprinted luggage tags are not necessary and they can put luggage tags on your bags at the port. Takes 5 minutes or less to do that. I think a lot of folks liked having he preprinted tags and Celebrity has made them available on request even though they are not necessary.[/quote]

I have asked this before and never got an answer so I will try again. The luggage tags Celebrity post out are barcoded. If you collect them at the port, they cannot be. Surely, the barcodes are used to aid delivery - otherwise, why print them. Surely, therefore, you are disadvantaged if you do not have them.

Sue

[quote name='abbafan']Thanks for that info Albert.
Just wondering.... what is the cut off date that Celebrity needs to recieve payment from the TA before they would have cancelled our cruise?
In your experience have you ever known this happen?[/quote]

Thats what I am scared of!! We have a suite of a type that is now not available, so if we lost it that would be it!

Ian

[quote name='Lsimon']This is still loads faster than the airlines that make you wait until 24 hours before your flight to print out a boarding pass.

I can understand you're being anxious to get them but does it really make a difference if you get them several months before you cruise or just one month before?

You do not have to request luggage tags. Preprinted luggage tags are not necessary and they can put luggage tags on your bags at the port. Takes 5 minutes or less to do that. I think a lot of folks liked having he preprinted tags and Celebrity has made them available on request even though they are not necessary.[/QUOTE]

I guess people are missing my point. There is a BIG disconnect between TAs and X. I paid the full balance and showed a zero (0) balance due. TA calls X and X said nothing owed. However, still cannot print out Xpress Pass. I call X they tell me to call TA who I already called as X cannot talk to me.
If you are not PRO-ACTIVE you sit and wait and wait and the issue does not get resolved.

I was told by X that you can print out your Xpress Pass regardless if you paid in full or not. Not So! If that were true why couldn't I print out my XP?

Again, regardless if the Luggage Tags are needed now, tomorrow or at the port, what is the BIG deal and why do you have to request them? Let us print them out when we print out the XP.

Why create extra steps, more confusion, and most of all all these questions of when, where and why?

With Princess you can print out everything at once. OMG I know I will get flamed for talking about another Cruise Line. LOL

[quote name='Oxo']I guess people are missing my point. There is a BIG disconnect between TAs and X. I paid the full balance and showed a zero (0) balance due. TA calls X and X said nothing owed. However, still cannot print out Xpress Pass. I call X they tell me to call TA who I already called as X cannot talk to me.
If you are not PRO-ACTIVE you sit and wait and wait and the issue does not get resolved.

I was told by X that you can print out your Xpress Pass regardless if you paid in full or not. Not So! If that were true why couldn't I print out my XP?

Again, regardless if the Luggage Tags are needed now, tomorrow or at the port, what is the BIG deal and why do you have to request them? Let us print them out when we print out the XP.

Why create extra steps, more confusion, and most of all all these questions of when, where and why?

With Princess you can print out everything at once. OMG I know I will get flamed for talking about another Cruise Line. LOL[/QUOTE]

I Guess to each their own - I've never been bothered by any of this nor had any issues with payments to my TA being applied to my Celebrity account - in fact now that I think of it all the credit card charges posted to my account show as originating from Celebrity and not from the TA. Just curious if this is the case for you or if your payments show up as being charged by your TA first who then has to forward funds onto Celebrity. If so then I can see where the delay is coming from as I'd think the TA would wait until the funds clear (anywhere from a couple days to a week) before it sends funds onto Celebrity. It would seem that if this is the case then the issue might be your TA's method of processing the payments.

Archived