UK Sim card - Mayflower Terminal??

bazzaw

One of the very first things we will want to do after stepping ashore onto UK soil off Oriana in December- is to purchase a UK Sim card for our mobile phone - to contact son in London.

I know that they are readily available in shopping centres and High Streets - but just wondering if anybody knows where would be a place to get one convenient to either the Mayflower Terminal or the Southampton Rail station (bearing in mind we will be loaded with luggage)

Thanks for any ideas.

Barry

Most of the big networks always seeing adverts for O2 and Three, here virtually give away free simms, or as little as £5.

If I were you, I would ask your son to get you one of these and put £10 of credit on it and ask him to post it to you before you leave, then you will be able to slip the simm in to your phone as you arrive in port.

Or buy one from ebay, they usually come loaded with £5 credit.

Then you won't have to waste time looking for one.

Hi Christine

Thanks for the offer. But perhaps I should simply get my son to post one to me - it's about time he started paying me back !! :p Will let you know how I get on.

Barry

Charabanc

Thanks for that suggestion.

Here in Australia, the prepaid Sims don't last long if they are not used - ie they have a short life. Trouble is that the ship takes 6 weeks to get to the UK - so am wondering if your Sims have a longer life than that - ours have a 2 month life for a $30 reload, or only 1 month for a $20 reload.

Barry

the only requirement that I remember from a couple of years ago, is that at least 1 call was made or received within a 90 day period, other wise the Phone/SIM could be deactivated - this was O2 - don't know if different providers have/had similar rules

Archived