Drinks Package on Grand Princess

Captain Beefheart

But isn't that only for Platinum, Elite and suites? At least it was on the Grand Princess which I have just returned from.

I think you're confusing the after 8PM "Happy Hour" drink specials which are available to everyone, with the drink of the day special (normally one type of drink - almost always when we've gone some kind of umbrella drink - offered at the Platinum/Elite cocktail hour - which is just for Plat/Elite.

I think you're confusing the after 8PM "Happy Hour" drink specials which are available to everyone, with the drink of the day special (normally one type of drink - almost always when we've gone some kind of umbrella drink - offered at the Platinum/Elite cocktail hour - which is just for Plat/Elite.

There was no "Happy Hour" available to anyone on the Grand Princess for the last two weeks. only the Skywalkers for Platinum and Elite.

Should be, and what if is nice - but the real world says they aren't going to be paid a full wage and they rely on tips - so all the what if is just an excuse for not going along with the custom. And by the way, they ships and the cruiselines are NOT American companies - they establish the procedures. We try to do whatever the custom dictates where ever we go - to do otherwise is just being cheap and hard headed - I was going to say ignorant but decided to be nice).

Actually Princess Cruise Lines is indeed a US company that is wholly owned by CCL (Carnival Corporation) and listed on the NY Stock Exchange. As is typical of all cruise lines, their ships are registered in foreign countries (often called flags of convenience) to reduce taxes and avoid the US labor laws that make the US flagging of ships nearly impossible in the current competitive market.

Hank

Archived