NCL Star Suite 12000 photos

snowmom

Like quite a few of you, we too will be staying in the DOS, room 12500 to be exact. As this will be our first cruise whatsoever, we are really looking forward to everyone's reviews when they return (crossing my fingers)!! The photos posted are great and give us a good idea of what is in store, there really aren't a whole lot of photos out there yet. I assume that is because the rooms are fairly new.

Again, thanks snowmom for the photos, we loved seeing them.

Like quite a few of you, we too will be staying in the DOS, room 12500 to be exact. As this will be our first cruise whatsoever, we are really looking forward to everyone's reviews when they return (crossing my fingers)!! The photos posted are great and give us a good idea of what is in store, there really aren't a whole lot of photos out there yet. I assume that is because the rooms are fairly new.

Again, thanks snowmom for the photos, we loved seeing them.

Will be in DOS 12002 in June. I hope to post pictures of the suite along with a short review. I for one, like to have a pretty good idea of what my cabin will look like and am always looking for more pics. :o

For those interested in more info on these staterooms, fellow CC'er "Girr" was super helpful in the thread listed below, attaching a rough diagram of the layout of the two-bedroom DOS's. It is a post dated 2/26/11. I figure some folk might be following this thread and not that one, so it might be good to cross-post.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1362423

I noticed there is a reailing outside in front of the windows... Is there access to this area?

We are booked on the Star Deluxe Owners Suite 12500 for the Alaska cruise on June 18, 11.

Thanks.

There is not access to the outside area for the guests - it is for maintenance people.

• 3 weeks later...

This is so exciting! I had no idea that there were complimentary drinks in the DOS (alcoholic and non)! Does anyone know if these are provided in all the suites, or just the DOS?

Also, I loved seeing the rollaways, and hearing that they were comfortable.

We have never cruised before, so I am having a hard time deciding how important the balcony would be for us. The pictures really help. Thank you everyone!:)

This is so exciting! I had no idea that there were complimentary drinks in the DOS (alcoholic and non)! Does anyone know if these are provided in all the suites, or just the DOS?

Also, I loved seeing the rollaways, and hearing that they were comfortable.

We have never cruised before, so I am having a hard time deciding how important the balcony would be for us. The pictures really help. Thank you everyone!:)

No, the complimentary drinks are not provided for every type of suite. I know the complimentary drinks are provided in garden villas and deluxe owners suites, Not sure about the owner's suites, but I think they are also included. Someone else may know for sure.

We will be on her in May Suite 12002 I'll post as much as I can when we get back. Three 1 litre bottles of liquor (somewhere around here there's a list) unlimited in room sodas (Pepsi products & Ginger ale- I believe) and bottled water. Villas, DOS and Owner Suites. :cool:

We really loved that suite! It was an upsell from a Family Penthouse and it turned out to be great for us, especially for Mom getting her own room with a bathroom!

We saw some dolphins and whales from those windows, what a thrill.

Our butler was John, he's a treasure. He managed to get us Grey Goose for one of our free bottles. Sweet!

Any of the Pepsi products were available, including Sierra Mist, which I love. No corn syrup!

It's hard to get good pictures of that suite that really show it off properly. You sort of get the idea and if you have actually been inside it then you "get it". If we had not needed the spare bedroom, the outside suites on deck 12 have a more spectacular view, but I'm not complaining! This was a gorgeous suite. We really appreciated the priority seating for the shows.

• 6 months later...

There were 5 of us in Suite 12000 on the Star last month. It's true that the view from the master bedroom is incredible - that became our makeshift "living room" for the trip. We moved the coffee table and chairs in, and had incredible views of Alaska the entire trip. However, for 2 couples and a single, the layout had challenges. The bathrooms are both inside the two bedrooms - therefore the bedroom doors had to stay open so the couple staying on the sofabed in the living room could use them during the night. There is no closet in the Master, a small one in the 2nd bedroom, two in the living room but mostly for hanging clothes - very few drawers. With everyone in and out of the Master for the views, everything needs to be put away to make room for company. There are TV's in both bedrooms and the living room - the DVD setup in the living room. Our butler was Orlindo, sweet and helpful, but sometimes needs a reminder if he promised to do something. The coffee machine broke every other day - he'd bring pots of coffee instead of a new machine. But he kept the refrigerator stocked with sodas as we requested, and when the coffee machine worked he brought plenty of coffee pods. He brought in daily snacks, which had us laughing at times because the plate might have 4 slices of cheese, 5 crackers, and a couple of grapes - for 5 people! We didn't see much of Patrick, the Concierge, except for one night when he showed us to the special reserved seating in the main showroom, and during disembarkation. I did have an issue with cancelling a shore excursion when one of our party was seasick, and Patrick took care of it for us. Overall, though, I have to say I'm spoiled by the newer ships (Epic, Jewel, Pearl, Dawn, etc). The Star is showing its age - the carpet is worn and dirty, seams showing, furniture worn on the edges, marks on the walls and doors. The NCL spirit of service is still there, but just not as exuberant as the newer ships. Personally, I'd have to say what I missed most was a balcony, and private deckspace for Suite guests. The Jewel, Pearl, and Epic excelled at this. I think we'll stick with the newer ship's layouts, cabin designs, and energized staff.

• 5 months later...

We have DOS 12500 to Bermuda in June. My biggest question is where is the best place to fit two rollaways? Would they fit in the window alcoves? I think that would be cool for the teenage girls. Of course, I'll have to buy them sleeping masks for the mornings. Thanks.

When snowman did the two roll always they had one in the master bedroom, and the other in the dining room area. If you search thru her e-mails you'll find her pictures. The roll aways won't fit in the living room alcoves. Also, please insure your reservations request the use of roll aways.

Archived