Lost my wife & best friend after Cruise

radioguy54

Last year I planed a trip to see my mother, grandmother and great aunt. My grandmother and great aunt were sisters and best friends, but estranged for several years. I was able to get everyone together and we spent the most wonderful week together. My great aunt died a month later. That trip is all we talk about and how my grandmother and great aunt were able to make ammends before her passing.

Cherish every moment you can, life is short.

I'm glad you and your wife had that special time together.

My wife and I took our first cruise June 14, 2010 aboard the Inspiration to Grand Cayman and Cozumel...It was our 32 wedding anniversary...To begin with I never dreamed she would get on a ship, but with coaxing from me and my son, she decided to go...We went with my son, daughter in law and 2 grandchildren...From the time we boarded in Tampa, until we returned we had the best time on any trip in all our years together..Although she had to use an electric scooter to get around, she had a blast! On Sunday afternoon August 8th she lost a 10 year battle with diabetes...I am so thankful God allowed us that time together and so glad Carnival made her trip so memorable..I will always cherish that week on the Caribbean...We were actually already planning another cruise in May 2011...Just wanted to share this, you may have been on board that week, as hard as it is now our

cruise was a big highlight in our 32 year marriage! I just hope your next cruise will be as special to you as this was to us.

I know EXACTLY how you feel - those memories are priceless!

We had a similar situation - but it was with my father, who had recurrent cancer. We planned a family cruise - all of his grandchildren were there in addition to me, my husband, sister and mother. We all had a blast - it was truly a trip to remember.

But....we disembarked on Saturday, he was admitted to the hospital Monday morning - was discharged with hospice care on Friday and passed away very early Monday morning. It is amazing how many memories from that cruise have gotten me through some very difficult times - I hope that your memories contiune to be a comfort for you!

I am soo so sorry for your loss.

Memories are so priceless. Both of you were so blessed to be together.

Love hearing the stories of long marriages where people are still happy.

I'm one of the lucky ones too.

You made my day! Thank you!

:(I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife but was glad to hear that you, your wife and the rest of your family had a wonderful time. What great memories to have...I know you will treasure them always.

You and your family will be in my prayers.

God Bless,

Brenda

My wife and I took our first cruise June 14, 2010 aboard the Inspiration to Grand Cayman and Cozumel...It was our 32 wedding anniversary...To begin with I never dreamed she would get on a ship, but with coaxing from me and my son, she decided to go...We went with my son, daughter in law and 2 grandchildren...From the time we boarded in Tampa, until we returned we had the best time on any trip in all our years together..Although she had to use an electric scooter to get around, she had a blast! On Sunday afternoon August 8th she lost a 10 year battle with diabetes...I am so thankful God allowed us that time together and so glad Carnival made her trip so memorable..I will always cherish that week on the Caribbean...We were actually already planning another cruise in May 2011...Just wanted to share this, you may have been on board that week, as hard as it is now our

cruise was a big highlight in our 32 year marriage! I just hope your next cruise will be as special to you as this was to us.

I am very sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing this wonderful story. Experiences will always be with you.

I know that was probably a hard post for you to type but am glad you shared that part of your life with us and as an "online community" we can all come together and offer our sincere condolences.

So wonderful that you had that awesome trip and that it was shared with your children and grandchildren. I think if anything happened to me tomorrow, my young granddaughters would remember our cruises and other trips together more than anything else.

I'd also encourage you to keep cruising in the future. After we lost my mom to a long illness, my dad started cruising with us (at the age of 78). In 30 days, we take him on his 5th cruise in 3 years. Sometimes the whole family goes and sometimes just a few of us. In any event, he has that to look forward to from the time we book and really enjoys himself.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Hold on to the memories of that trip

I think your post was intended for me to read. Thanks for sharing your love story. I am so sorry for your loss. The love of my life is now fighting cancer but doing well. We leave tomorrow for our cruise on the Dream. I am sure I will be thinking of your post as we sail away. I wont take a minute of our time together for granted. Your post made me stop and give thanks for still having my best friend. I pray that you and your family will receive peace and comfort. God Bless.

Linda

I sit here with a big ole' lump in my throat -- I know how I'd feel if I were in your shoes. I pray for peace and comfort for you and your family. That trip was obviously engineered by our Higher Power to give you both a wonderful gift. You are blessed to have such a long, happy relationship and I hope you will find strength in her loving memory. Please don't be a stranger.

I sit here with a big ole' lump in my throat -- I know how I'd feel if I were in your shoes. I pray for peace and comfort for you and your family. That trip was obviously engineered by our Higher Power to give you both a wonderful gift. You are blessed to have such a long, happy relationship and I hope you will find strength in her loving memory. Please don't be a stranger.

you are an extremely sweet person and I wish there were more like you.

My late husband and I took our first (and his last) cruise in May 2004, in between chemo sessions for his lung cancer. It was without a doubt the best vacation we ever took. We had booked another cruise for October that year, but had to cancel when the cancer spread to his brain. I lost him in November 2004, but will always remember that cruise. I am glad you will also have wonderful cruise memories to cherish.

Archived