Eilat

gosport11

hi we will be stopping in Eilat on our cruise with Thomson,a couple of questions is it easy to get from port to town,also we want just relax on the beach any tips on the best beach to vist and how far to the large mall for a shopping fix,any other info will help many thanks

hi we will be stopping in Eilat on our cruise with Thomson,a couple of questions is it easy to get from port to town,also we want just relax on the beach any tips on the best beach to vist and how far to the large mall for a shopping fix,any other info will help many thanks

Eilat is a small town. The port is in between the north beach were most of the hotel are located and the southern beach were you have the coral reef. both places are 5 min away from the port with a car but to be frank i don't have any information about the taxi service at Eilat port.

There are several malls in Eilat but the best is Sea Mall on the north beach.

I suggest you to spend the morning in the coral beach nature reserve on the southern beach were you can rent snorkels and swim around the reef and from noon time move to the northern beach where you can visit the mall. There is a promenade along the northern beach that you can walk along it and find some more malls to the side of the hotels.

Is Celebration actually stopping at Eilat itself? This winter, she stopped at Aqaba, which is next door to Eilat, and you had to fend for yourself if you crossed the border, with taxi drivers etc. Is this a one-off cruise, before Celebration relaxes into her normal weekly tour round the Red Sea?

Sounds interesting!

Jo.

Gosh, if you're going all the way from Eilat to Aqaba, you'll be travelling...er...at least 15 mins! :rolleyes:

Have a wonderful time.... we loved the small ship experience for a change....OH spent all his time snorkelling!.

Jo.

• 3 weeks later...

Everything is very close in Eilat and the taxis are frequent and inexpensive.

The Mall is also very close by just next to the seafront.

Eilat has no value added tax so items like Crocs and name brands are cheaper than anywhere else in Israel.

The underwater aquarium is very interesting if you are not snorkeling yourselves.

You can also swim with dolphins if you want.

G- do you have to have a visa for Israel?....I know that if you wanted to cross from Aqaba, on the normal Thomson ship route, to Eilat, some people told us not to have your passport stamped....we didn't try it, in the end.

I suppose Thomson have it all worked out- we found their arrangements were very good.

I'm going to check out this cruise for next time she relocates! :cool:

Jo.

Archived