PRICE REDUCTION on airtran

4275princess

Did a booking last month for 4 passengers to fly out in Nov. ALL fares were purchased on my husbands charge card. The return flight went down $40 pp. A call to Airtran refunded $160 for future flight credit in my husbands name since all fares were booked on his charge card. It pays to check prices even after booking.:)

Congratulations.

You got lucky - AirTran normally charges a $75 change fee per person.

http://www.airtran.com/faq/q/how_can_i_change_my_flight_or_make_reservations.aspx?tt=Reservations+-+General+Information&rt=index_faqs&nav_id=85

All AirTran Airways coach tickets are non-refundable and a $75 fee per person applies to any change made after purchase, plus any applicable increase in airfare. If you do not rebook immediately, the remaining balance will be placed in a credit file for future use, valid for a period of one (1) year from the original date of booking. Business class tickets (A and J fare classes only; not including promotional fares) are fully refundable and no fee applies to changes.

Perhaps a SWA side effect?

Did a booking last month for 4 passengers to fly out in Nov. ALL fares were purchased on my husbands charge card. The return flight went down $40 pp. A call to Airtran refunded $160 for future flight credit in my husbands name since all fares were booked on his charge card. It pays to check prices even after booking.:)

I'm glad this worked out well for you.

Keith

I have recently gotten 2 price reductions from airtran. the first time I had additional flights to book so I used it for that. the second time it was just enough to use to pay for my seat selections.

this was a new experience for me with airtran.

just tonight I learned that they had changed my non-stop flight to a connecting and when I called to inquire, they very cordially moved my flight as well as changing the return flight to a time that I liked better than when I had originally booked. no fees for any of the transactions.

And just for clarification ... Air Tran does NOT charge a change fee if the fare goes down. They just issue you the credit. So unlike the "big" airlines, you don't need to have more than the change fee reduction in fare.

Let's see ... I read about it on Flyertalk. Had it personally happen to me in June. So I guess it is "real". I believe I wrote an entire "facts" about Airtran awhile back because I didn't know some of the ins and outs of flying the airline.

All I can relay is my personal experience, but from what others have written, I don't think mine is an isolated case. Why be combative about it? Airtran and Southwest both do the same thing in the case of fare reductions. It is just good for people to be informed and make their own decisions.

Let's see ... I read about it on Flyertalk. Had it personally happen to me in June. So I guess it is "real". I believe I wrote an entire "facts" about Airtran awhile back because I didn't know some of the ins and outs of flying the airline.

All I can relay is my personal experience, but from what others have written, I don't think mine is an isolated case. Why be combative about it? Airtran and Southwest both do the same thing in the case of fare reductions. It is just good for people to be informed and make their own decisions.

AS/Alaska do it too; have for years.

Archived