back from 8/8/10 Pride from Baltimore

Shell Seeker

Had a wonderful time. Everything was perfect. We had no problems with anything. Actually loved sailing out of Baltimore rather than NY. Weather, ship, food, people, cabin - everything was excellant. One of the best cruises we've been on.

Stayed at Comfort Inn on Saturday. 4 hour drive from NJ to hotel. It was nice just getting up and on Sunday and having a 15 minute trip to the pier. Arrived at 10:30. We were the third family there. Were eating on the Lido deck by 1:00 and in the room by 2:30.

Took Carnival Kennedy Space Center tour. Was well worth the cost.

In Nassau took a cab to the Sheraton for $5.00 person each way. It was a gorgeous beach where we could snorkle (we took our own snorkle gear with us) Freeport also took a cab to the beach - Our Lucaya - lots of seaweed and murky water. Cost was $5.00 each way plus $10.00 each for beach.

Ship acivities were great - check out the comedians at night.

Our daughter is 16 and went to the O2 Club - she met a great group of teens.

Ignore any bad feedback on this cruise. We found everything to be perfect. Been on Destiny out of PR and Legend out of NY. Loved this cruise a lot.

Heard a few people say their smuggled liquor was confiscated from their checked in luggage. We carried on 1 bottle of wine each with no problem.

Have fun if you are on this ship - you will have a wonderful time

Glad you had a good cruise. I love cruising on the Pride.

They charged you $10 to go on the beach at Our Lucaya? I thought that was a "free" beach?

Just a little tidbit for the next time. The #10 jitney (bus) is only $1.10pp each way to the Sheraton. :D

RE "Our Lucaya - lots of seaweed and murky water. Cost was $5.00 each way plus $10.00 each for beach. "

do you get towels or beach chair for your $10

At the risk of getting flamed - I don't have a problem with smuggled booze being taken away.

Did these people suffer any other consequences for their smuggling?

We're sailing on the Pride 9/12. We also live in NJ, in central NJ. Approximately how long was the drive to Baltimore? What time did they let you get onboard?

Thanks!

Sharon

Depends on the driver :)

I am originally from Woodbridge I could drive it 2 hours :)

Normal drivers I would say give 3 hours its about 175 miles.

I'm on the 9/12 sailing from Baltimore... We are super excited!!!

Me too, we're down to what? 23 or 24 days to go? I can hardly wait!

BTW, are you on our roll call? If not, go to the roll calls and join in!

I find it interesting that Carnival actually states specifically what bottle size of wine is permissible:

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage.

Not sure if anyone has had larger bottles of wine confisicated. I make note of it only because on our recent Celebrity cruise we brought two bottles of the larger 1.5 Liter wine on our carryon and nothing was said but then from what I recall, the Celebrity site is not specific as to size, just that you can bring one bottle of wine per person on board.

We go on the Pride in 17 days:D. Went on it last year too. My question is did you do the Carnival Nasa excursion or did you go on your own and If it was the Carnival excursion which one they have one for 90 or 120. One last thing: Any tips on the Nasa tour would be appreciated.

Had a wonderful time. Everything was perfect. We had no problems with anything. Actually loved sailing out of Baltimore rather than NY. Weather, ship, food, people, cabin - everything was excellant. One of the best cruises we've been on.

Stayed at Comfort Inn on Saturday. 4 hour drive from NJ to hotel. It was nice just getting up and on Sunday and having a 15 minute trip to the pier. Arrived at 10:30. We were the third family there. Were eating on the Lido deck by 1:00 and in the room by 2:30.

In Nassau took a cab to the Sheraton for $5.00 person each way. It was a gorgeous beach where we could snorkle (we took our own snorkle gear with us) Freeport also took a cab to the beach - Our Lucaya - lots of seaweed and murky water. Cost was $5.00 each way plus $10.00 each for beach.

Ignore any bad feedback on this cruise. We found everything to be perfect. Been on Destiny out of PR and Legend out of NY. Loved this cruise a lot.

Heard a few people say their smuggled liquor was confiscated from their checked in luggage. We carried on 1 bottle of wine each with no problem.

I'm not so sure it's permitted to give such a positive review of a Carnival cruise/ship....doing so from what I've heard shows a certain unbalanced bias towards Carnival, the way I understand it.

Sorry, I'm being very sarcastic. On another forum, I "disagreed" with someones rather negative review/opinions of the very same cruise on the Pride that I had also been on, one in which like you we had a very, very good time on. Actualkly, your cruise left out of Bmore the day we got back!! Several of the responses sounded like they'd rather hear negative stuff about a cruise/ship, and anything positive is viewed as a totaly blinded bias towards Carnival. Whatever. Glad to read you enjoyed the trip out of Baltimore

Would you tell me how your shuttle worked? What time did you get to the lobby? Was there a list to sign up for? Thanks!

RE "Our Lucaya - lots of seaweed and murky water. Cost was $5.00 each way plus $10.00 each for beach. "

do you get towels or beach chair for your $10

At the risk of getting flamed - I don't have a problem with smuggled booze being taken away.

Did these people suffer any other consequences for their smuggling?

only chair for 10.00 - no towels

less than 4 hours from central NJ - hit traffic back home on Sunday on 95 - try Rt 40 as alternate - you'll have stop and go from the local traffic lights but it was better than sitting in bumper to bumper traffic. Stayed at the Comfort Inn Saturday. 15 minutes from the pier. did the park and sail.

first come first serve for the shuttle. we were in the lobby at 9:45 and got on the 10 shuttle. at the pier at 10:20. We enjoyed sitting in the terminal watching people come in and knowing that we were the first to board. getting off the ship we called when we were getting our luggage - 20 minute wait for return shuttle

we did the 120 tour. got into NASA 1 hour earlier than opening time. got to see the IMAX without the crowds. We just enjoyed knowing Carnival was watching the time to get back to the ship and not us. We did the other 2 days on our own and saved a ton of money so spending it on NASA made up for it.

we did not do Davids, the spa or Chef's table. Loved the food in the dining room - if we didn't see anything we liked we ordered the steak which was wonderful. Announcements were constantly made that there were opening at Davids and the

Chef's table. Don't panic if you did not make a reservation for them - I'm sure there will be openings. Dinners in the dining room were great - we ordered extra appetizers and dessests if we couldn't decide which we wanted. you can always order the pasta dish as a starter. we really enjoyed all our meals. A must is breakfast in the Normandie for thier home made corned beef hash.

Archived