Back to Back Question

idlenote

I'm quite sure that this question has been asked many times and I apologize in advance, but I've tried using the search function, and like normal, the results are non-existent.

We're planning on a back to back out of Galveston on the Ecstasy in January. The same cabin is available for both cruises, but how does this work when we come back into Galveston before the second leg? Do we have to get off the ship and clear customs and then re-board, also do we have to take our stuff off the ship and then bring it back again?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

I'm quite sure that this question has been asked many times and I apologize in advance, but I've tried using the search function, and like normal, the results are non-existent.

We're planning on a back to back out of Galveston on the Ecstasy in January. The same cabin is available for both cruises, but how does this work when we come back into Galveston before the second leg? Do we have to get off the ship and clear customs and then re-board, also do we have to take our stuff off the ship and then bring it back again?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

You can sleep in that morning. They will leave you a letter the night before with instructions. You will meet by Guest Services after all debarking passengers are off, and they will walk you off and back on. The the ship is yours to enjoy for an hour or two. EM

I did this from San Diego one time and had a cabin change. The steward moved my stuff. Instead of meeting somewhere with other BTB people I had to go to the immigration thing at 6:30 am. I was the only BTB. I think they have different rules for different ports. Sounds like yours will be easy because you have the same cabin you can stay. Wish I had had the same cabin both times. I could've gone to immigration and then breakfast and back to cabin. Had to lug carry on around until friend boarded and room was ready.

Candi

I did a b2b on the Conquest last Sept. There were about 20 that did it. We met in the Atrium after everyone was off & we were taken off with our custom declaration & ID. When we got back on, we got our new keys. We changed cabins but only had to go down the hall. The cabin steward helped move our bags to the new cabin & we went back after we ate lunch & unpacked. We were ready to go as everyone else did not get bags until later in the day. On Mon...1st sea day...we washed clothes & were the only ones using the machines. It was wonderful the 2nd week as it was a different itinerary. I was able to really relax as I had a group of 93 people on the first week.

Archived