Weather for October 3 cruise to Mexican Riviera?

CorrieC

Hi there, I posted a few weeks ago when I was trying to decide which cruise to pick. I think we are going to go with the 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise that leaves Long Beach on October 3rd. My question is about the weather...The first 2 days are "Days at Sea," and I would really hope that the weather would be warm enough to swim in the pool, etc. since I will be taking my two boys with us. Has anyone done a cruise leaving the LA area in early October and can you comment on the weather?

Thanks!

Seems to me on the return back to Long Beach, we've typically experienced cooler, windier conditions also. Maybe traveling "in to" the wind? Not sure but we typically travel in the month of October and once you are further south, temperatures will be quite warm I'm sure.

Last year in Cabo was VERY hot and humid! One of the hottest we could remember. We went into port, wandered around for just a bit and immediately scooted back to the ship to enjoy a nearly empty pool. Had been to Cabo numerous times, so didn't feel like we missed anything in port that day.

Enjoy your trip!:)

Hi there, I posted a few weeks ago when I was trying to decide which cruise to pick. I think we are going to go with the 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise that leaves Long Beach on October 3rd. My question is about the weather...The first 2 days are "Days at Sea," and I would really hope that the weather would be warm enough to swim in the pool, etc. since I will be taking my two boys with us. Has anyone done a cruise leaving the LA area in early October and can you comment on the weather?

Thanks!

We did Oct 3 LAST year on NCL. And do the Mexican Riviera 2-3 times a year. ...but usually in August. The October sailing had perfect weather with the exception of the last day at sea heading home. As the captain explained, the route back is heading "into" the wind......So although some trips the last day can be nice, I would get the "swimming" in earlier in the cruise just in case.

But the good news is that you will probably escape the REALLY hot weather in the ports! We found the October date to be just perfect for weather purposes....just doesn't work with the kids and their college schedules!

Archived