Where are photos allowed/not allowed if no flash is used?

sbwmail

Legend, BMG, and Circus all stated not photography or filming allowed, even without a flash. However, SDMike posted pictures from Circus and I saw others taking photo's without a flash.

BMG was VERY strict about no photography or filming. They had attendants walking the aisles and looking down from the balcony and would shine a blue light on anyone with an open cellphone, camera, etc telling them to put it away.

I think that sucks. We paid for our cruise and we should be allowed to take souvenir photos of anything we wish.

I can understand no flash so as not to throw off the performers, but to say no photos at all is quite dissappointing, especially since i've reserved premium seats for cirque specifically so I could take photos.

The least they could do is have a few moments at the beginning or end where they allow photos.

Let me guess, you can buy a BMG or Cirque photo for $30 in the photo shop?:rolleyes:

I think that sucks. We paid for our cruise and we should be allowed to take souvenir photos of anything we wish.

I can understand no flash so as not to throw off the performers, but to say no photos at all is quite dissappointing, especially since i've reserved premium seats for cirque specifically so I could take photos.

The least they could do is have a few moments at the beginning or end where they allow photos.

Let me guess, you can buy a BMG or Cirque photo for $30 in the photo shop?:rolleyes:

It's a load of crap about copyright.

They dont want you to take photos as they want you to buy official souveneir photos.

I have seen loads of photos on here and other sites taken by passengers so go ahead just dont use flash.

It's a load of crap about copyright.

They dont want you to take photos as they want you to buy official souveneir photos.

I have seen loads of photos on here and other sites taken by passengers so go ahead just dont use flash.

No. It is not a load of crap. Copyright is law. Period.

Copyright is defined as: Copyright are exclusive rights granted to the author or creator of an original work, including the right to copy, distribute and adapt the work. Copyright does not protect ideas, only their expression or fixation. In most jurisdictions copyright arises upon fixation and does not need to be registered. Copyright owners have the exclusive statutory right to exercise control over copying and other exploitation of the works for a specific period of time, after which the work is said to enter the public domain. Uses which are covered under limitations and exceptions to copyright, such as fair use, do not require permission from the copyright owner. All other uses require permission and copyright owners can license or permanently transfer or assign their exclusive rights to others.

The copyright of Cirque Dreams and Dinner belong to Cirque Dreams. It is their right to distribute their shows and sell their merchandise. And yes, sell you a photo if you want it. You, taking photos, is stealing, plain and simple. Do you go to Broadway productions or community theatre and take photos? Do you snap pics or videotape when you go to the movies? These shows are owned by the person or company that created them, and copyright protects their rights to get paid for their show.

You cannot be a "law abiding" person by picking and choosing which laws you abide. You must respect all of them.

~Intrepid

Anything you wish?

You better keep your camera out of my stateroom!!! :D

Copyrights have nothing to do with what you paid for. Just like a Broadway show, movie or any other protected event.

~Intrepid

Same reason you can't bring a camera into a movie theater. Soon it will be posted on the internet and people won't pay to see the movie.

Um, movies have been posted online for years. You can get just about anything you want online with all the torrents out there these days.

Um, movies have been posted online for years. You can get just about anything you want online with all the torrents out there these days.

That is true, but does that make it legal? Nope.

~Intrepid <-- feels for the artists screwed out of their money.

That is true, but does that make it legal? Nope.

~Intrepid <-- feels for the artists screwed out of their money.

I didn't say it made it legal. I was telling the person that posted that "soon" they would be posting movies on the internet and eliminating people going to the movies...that they already do and have been for years.

I didn't say it made it legal. I was telling the person that posted that "soon" they would be posting movies on the internet and eliminating people going to the movies...that they already do and have been for years.

Sorry Mitsu, misread your comment as agreeing with the other poster.

~Intrepid <-- :o

Saw the BMG on the Epic this week. Great show.

Found it funny that they had a suit running around the Epic Theater looking for cameras.

This guy must be compensated by how many people he caught or prevented from shooting photos or video. He would run a round the upper rim leaning over and pointing at people trying to get their attention.

I swear he was ready to jump over the edge of the railing and attack at a moments notice.

• 2 weeks later...

We were not allowed to take photos even without a flash in: Cirque Dreams, Blue Man group, Murder Mystery lunch. We took photos without flash at Slime Time Live, Second City, the comedian/magician, The Quest, all restaurants and lounges. We were not allowed to take any photos in the ship terminal and right in front of the ship's terminal. We were able to take photos after The Blue Man group of what was left behind. The performers from the Cirque show came out for photos after their late show, and these could be taken with our own cameras, not purchased from the ship's photographers. Blue Man group performer's photos required a purchase from the ship's photographers (unless someone snuck a quick photo simuntaneously with the ship's photographers) All the Cirque Dreams performers were very friendly and willing to pose with anyone at 10:30 PM ish.

PS, we had a great cruise and I wish we were still on the ship!

re: " I paid good money and I should be able to take pictures whenever I want".

Wow. What happened to civility? Maybe folks want to keep the show special and not share with others these days? That is their right as well.

Maybe people around you would rather you just sit and watch vs being busy filming something and causing a distraction.

Sit back and enjoy the show. That is what you paid good money for. I always think back to a guy I watched in Alaska. He was so busy taking pictures (thousands he said), that he missed the whole event.

re: " I paid good money and I should be able to take pictures whenever I want".

Wow. What happened to civility? Maybe folks want to keep the show special and not share with others these days? That is their right as well.

Maybe people around you would rather you just sit and watch vs being busy filming something and causing a distraction.

Sit back and enjoy the show. That is what you paid good money for. I always think back to a guy I watched in Alaska. He was so busy taking pictures (thousands he said), that he missed the whole event.

I fail to see how wanting a few souvenir shots of good show, taken from my seat with no flash, makes me uncivil. Harsh much? :rolleyes:

If you're watching me taking photos instead of watching the show, it must be a pretty boring show. :D

I fail to see how wanting a few souvenir shots of good show, taken from my seat with no flash, makes me uncivil. Harsh much? :rolleyes:

If you're watching me taking photos instead of watching the show, it must be a pretty boring show. :D

It's still not legal. And it is disrespectful. Plain and simple.

~Intrepid <-- just sayin'

Part of the problem is that most people have no idea how to turn off the flash on their camera so it is easier to just say no pictures at all. Just look at any sporting event and note how many people out in center field are taking pictures of the pitcher with their P&S.

DON

Sorry but the only reason is that they want you to buy the ships photographs.

That is all.

Nope. You are wrong there. Example, when you see a show on Broadway in NYC or the West End, you cannot take photos either, because it is copyrighted material... and they do not sell you photos either. Copyright is protection for the artist/author... it is their work of art and their right to make money. I am not denying that you can buy photos on the ship, but you do not have to. But you should be respectful of the author/artist and respect the rules. Do you also go to the library and photocopy books?

~Intrepid <-- no photos, please!

Did anyone buy the CD of your poses, not the ship CD of everyone? My question is: Do you have to tell them you want to pay that for ther CD first, or do you decide after they have taken a lot of pictures of you all week long? Thanks

Archived