Would you move up from the Aqua Class to a Sky Suite?

LAFFNVEGAS

It's a good thing that I did not have my heart set on the Sky Suite because that special priced sale I saw yesterday is now gone :eek: The Sky Suite was $1499 PP and the 2nd person was half off, they were calling it a Happy Hour Sale, unless they do it again this afternoon druing happy hour :D But it is still $1499 PP but not the half off for 2nd passenger. So this makes me feel better about staying with the AQ ;)

It's a good thing that I did not have my heart set on the Sky Suite because that special priced sale I saw yesterday is now gone :eek: The Sky Suite was $1499 PP and the 2nd person was half off, they were calling it a Happy Hour Sale, unless they do it again this afternoon druing happy hour :D But it is still $1499 PP but not the half off for 2nd passenger. So this makes me feel better about staying with the AQ ;)

WOW - that was a bargain!! We paid more than that for a comparable suite on Carnival Legend a few months ago and Carnival does not have butlers for their suites.

You know what--that may have been for new bookings only. Unless you had spoken with the cruise line or your TA, it is doubtful that you could have even gotten that rate--so don't feel badly!

You know what--that may have been for new bookings only. Unless you had spoken with the cruise line or your TA, it is doubtful that you could have even gotten that rate--so don't feel badly!

In that case, she would have been wandering around talking to herself! :D;):)

The Happy Hour sales are released every Thursday for availability the following Tuesday.

Last week X had an unusual offering. Announced on Thursday, Aug. 12, but it was available for three days the following week.. Tuesday Aug. 17 - Aug. 19. They also tried a new pricing strategy ... Half off for the second person.

Here's the link for August 24th.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/exciting_deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

If you read the fine print, the fares are available only on August 24th and only for new bookings.

B

Lisa, we took the upgrade. Jeff and I are sailing on your cruise and today I switched us from C1 to SK1. We're aft on a corner, deck 8. I can't wait. We too have usually had a suite on our previous cruises. I do like the extra space, larger balcony. I love to eat my breakfast out on the balcony in the morning in my robe....it just makes my cruise! I haven't told Jeff yet so mums the word! It's a surprise.

Lisa, we took the upgrade. Jeff and I are sailing on your cruise and today I switched us from C1 to SK1. We're aft on a corner, deck 8. I can't wait. We too have usually had a suite on our previous cruises. I do like the extra space, larger balcony. I love to eat my breakfast out on the balcony in the morning in my robe....it just makes my cruise! I haven't told Jeff yet so mums the word! It's a surprise.

Good for you, I am glad some one took advantage of the move up. Maybe we can meet up so I can see the cabin :)

Definately...you can come and see the cabin. Another of the couples we're travelling with booked the sky suite on the other corner of the same deck. The other two couples (we're travelling in a group of four couples) have booked C3's on deck 9 mid ship so we'll get to see what there's is like as well. We were on deck 9 aft so those two cabins are now available I believe. 9101 and 9103 if you prefer aft.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just gone back and revisted some threads, this one included since I have two suites on hold for our October cruise after being paid in full for AQ.

I have recently read some negative reports about the dining in Blu and if there are recent guests I'd appreciate some objective feedback from any who has enjoyed Celebrity and has had their first or second (or more) experience in Blu.

We have recieved great comments from fellow cruisers who have dined there as a pay for option (which i dont think is really possible any more) and from some on this board who have enjoyed AQ and have gone back to it again.

The idea of Blu is a unique menu and over time there have been guests who have posted that they have been able to order from the MDR menu form time to time as an exception and that was my understanding of the venue.

While food is subjective, it seems there may be some service level issues in Blu that have created a level of concern for me. I recently read that one person waited an extended amount of time to have plates cleared and it seemed that at least one night was off.

Specifically with Solstice, what I am asking is how are others finding this venue in the past few weeks, are there sufficent staff to accomodate the increase in guests that follow quite a few price reductions and word of mouth to try this? Are there service issues with timing and temperatures of food placed for the guests that you have found more so than in the MDR? I have looked into the menus, and its not the selections that I am concerned with as food itself is so subjective and I have already decided to try it.

With a few things that I have not tried, AQ or a Suite, I have paid for two AQ and have two S2's on hold.

What say those who have some experience with AQ and can provide some recent and relative insight into how its doing. Is it stick with AQ or go back to MDR where it is perhaps much better run. I'm really focused on service.

Thanks in advance...:)

Edited by FinelyCruising

I've been in AQ and will be in it on Sunday again. I am not a suite person, could care less about a Butler. I would much rather eat in Blu than have a suite. As an aside, suite passengers have been reporting back lately that they have been having trouble eating in Blu if that is a consideration...

Is there an aways available menu in Blu? My DH would not eat any of the food on some of the menus I have seen but will always eat steak or chicken. Are there just better Chefs in Blu, and is it easy to get a 2 top? Additionally, is this restaurant included in the cruise fare if in Aqua Class? If not, what is the cost? Thanks.

We would take the Sky suite in a heartbeat. Aqua class just isn't worth it. The rooms are standard size and really the other perks are minimal. We liked the MDR much better than Blu. I know we are in the minority so don't bother to flame me as it is our opinion.

I think my DH (he is a Chef) would prefer the MDR for a larger menu variety. But, it getting a 2 top difficult?

"Happy Hour sales are for new bookings only.

I heard there is some type of 2 for 1 pricing coming out on Friday. Of course I don't know the base prices. Does anyone have the info/list of cruises?

Edited by Jade13

I heard about a 2nd person at half off sale starting this Friday. Can someone post the info?

Thanks!

• 7 years later...