Just Booked on the Imagination, and I've Got Questions

hunnypot1

On my last cruise on the Elation, they had an outside buffet area in the afternoon that served a different carved meat each day (ham, whole turkey, roast beef). Does the Imagination also offer this?

Does this ship have a coin op laundry?

Is there still lobster served on 4 night cruises?

Would someone (pretty please) post a link to copies of the Imagination's dinner menus?

I am concerned about how many negative member reviews this ship has received. We still think we can have a good time....it is a cruise, after all.

*Not sure about carved meats, but there is a small buffet area outside, next to the Monglian Station. The couple of times we went there (last October) they had hot dogs & burgers, one time it was a taco/nacho station.

*Yes, we used it. I think it was $2.00 to wash & $2.00 dryer. Vending machine that sold soap kept jamming. Luckily I brought my own.

*Yes we had lobster night. (Tiny though, order 2 if your hungry!)

*Sorry no menus.

We did an all girls cruise and had a blast. Have a great time !!!!

On my last cruise on the Elation, they had an outside buffet area in the afternoon that served a different carved meat each day (ham, whole turkey, roast beef). Does the Imagination also offer this?

Does this ship have a coin op laundry?

Is there still lobster served on 4 night cruises?

Would someone (pretty please) post a link to copies of the Imagination's dinner menus?

I am concerned about how many negative member reviews this ship has received. We still think we can have a good time....it is a cruise, after all.

I doubt that the Imagination will have the carved meat station as it has the Mongolian Grill, an excellent replacement!

Yep... there's public laundries on the Imagination. Here's the locations:

Upper Deck 6 - aft / across from stateroom U154

Empress Deck 7 - forward / across from stateroom E2

I would expect that you will have the lobster option. You have one Elegant Evening and typically they will offer lobster. I believe the current offering is actually lobster and two jumbo shrimp.

Sorry, I can't help you with specific menus for your cruise.

:)

Was on the Imagination in January and didn't see any carved meet. The outdoor buffet at Lido is basic and gets boring fast. They have burgers and dogs....burger and dogs, burger and dogs. Day after day, meal after meal.

But a few times they'll open up the Mongolian grill for some stir fry. But it didn't seem to stay open long. So it was more burger and dogs.

Of all the cruises I've sailed, the Imagination was the one I found myself hungry on most. I just couldn't bare to eat another burger and dog.

Of course, I didn't eat in the MDR for lunch- only Lido pool side or the indoor buffet. And I stayed on during port days- just to let you know how I came to feel this way.

But a few times they'll open up the Mongolian grill for some stir fry. But it didn't seem to stay open long.

Of course, I didn't eat in the MDR for lunch- only Lido pool side or the indoor buffet. And I stayed on during port days- just to let you know how I came to feel this way.

The Mongolian BBQ closed at 2:30 after lunch. Its only open at lunch.

I love the MDR for lunch, why "of course" you didnt eat there?

The Elation had both Mongolian Grill and carving station. I would be disappointed if the Imagination did not have the carved meats. That was my favorite lunch item.

I am very happy about the laundry facilities and lobster.

My favorite dinner item on the Elation was the rib tips - delish. I hope they serve this on the Imagination too.

I doubt that the Imagination will have the carved meat station as it has the Mongolian Grill, an excellent replacement!

Yep... there's public laundries on the Imagination. Here's the locations:

Upper Deck 6 - aft / across from stateroom U154

Empress Deck 7 - forward / across from stateroom E2

I would expect that you will have the lobster option. You have one Elegant Evening and typically they will offer lobster. I believe the current offering is actually lobster and two jumbo shrimp.

Sorry, I can't help you with specific menus for your cruise.

:)

Host Mach,

The op said that there is a carving station on the Elation, which is true. But it also has the Mongolian grill. Their carving station is between the Mongolian grill and the hamburgers and hot dogs. If the Imagination has the Mongolian grill, it will probably have the carving station.

Was on the Imagination in January and didn't see any carved meet. The outdoor buffet at Lido is basic and gets boring fast. They have burgers and dogs....burger and dogs, burger and dogs. Day after day, meal after meal.

But a few times they'll open up the Mongolian grill for some stir fry. But it didn't seem to stay open long. So it was more burger and dogs.

Of all the cruises I've sailed, the Imagination was the one I found myself hungry on most. I just couldn't bare to eat another burger and dog.

Not sure I understand the comments about burger and dogs........why would you make do with that when there's an entire buffet just on the other side of the wall? I know in some of the between-meal times that's all that's open, but most of the time there's either breakfast, lunch, or dinner right inside? Not like you would have to walk to the other end of the ship for it.

Not sure I understand the comments about burger and dogs........why would you make do with that when there's an entire buffet just on the other side of the wall? I know in some of the between-meal times that's all that's open, but most of the time there's either breakfast, lunch, or dinner right inside? Not like you would have to walk to the other end of the ship for it.

Agreed.

On my Elation cruise I never ate a hot dog or hamburger....not even once.

I hope NavarreCruiser is correct, and there is a carving station on the Imagination. (Crossing my fingers!)

The turkey served on that carving station was SERIOUSLY better than the turkey served in the MDR. That surprised me.

Leaving Friday on the Imagination-someone please tell me I can have my Rueben Sandwich.

There is a grill station in the lido restaurant area. Was it called NY deli or grill - memory fails on the name but there was a guy manning the little sandwich presser. The line looked bad but moved quickly. He will make your sandwich to order - I had a turkey reuben (I know, not the same thing) since I no longer eat beef.

HUNNYPOT

"I am concerned about how many negative member reviews this ship has received. We still think we can have a good time....it is a cruise, after all. "

Hunnypot, there's no need to worry, I read all the neg reviews too, and sorry they were so wrong as far as I'm concerned. We had a ball and the ship was fine!!!:D

Leaving Friday on the Imagination-someone please tell me I can have my Rueben Sandwich.

You can get your Rueben Sandwich at the Deli, which is, in my opinion, one of the best places for lunch on any ship.

We just got off last week & I did post a review if you'd care to read it. I can't say it was a glowing review, but it was definately very honest.

Hope you have a great cruise.

(I have the Funtimes. If you want me to send them to you, leave your email)

Michele

Archived