When will drink packages be available for purchase?

marcaroh

Hi!

Sailing on the Summit December 11th, 2010. I have been checking most days eager to purchase a drink package and they are not yet available. Can anyone tell me approximately when packages are available in relation to the sailing date? Thanks!

Sailing on the Summit December 11th, 2010. I have been checking most days eager to purchase a drink package and they are not yet available. Can anyone tell me approximately when packages are available in relation to the sailing date?

Hello, "bassmanoh."

I cannot give you a clear-cut answer that you can depend on for every ship and every cruise.

I can only tell you what my very recent experience was ...

Here's what I did:

I paid the full balance due ...

Then I performed my on-line check-in ...

Then I went to see if packages were available to purchase.

They WERE available ... and this was more than eight weeks before Embarkation Day.

I don't know if they were available earlier than that.

I don't know if I could have purchased one before paying off the full balance due.

Good luck.

I originally booked directly with Celebrity and I could have purchased any of the drink packages from like way back 6 months or more before the embarkation they were all available. But then I transferred my booking to a TA just before final because they had a killer price on an upgraded stateroom and now it is after final and I can no longer book any of the drink packages it says they are unavailable at this time. :confused:

I sail 10/10. About a 3 weeks ago (quite a while after final payment) the packages finally became available for online purchase. About 10 days later. POOF. No longer available online. Still not. I called and was told, "hmmmmm you should be able to purchase them. Keep checking." I'll wait until I'm onboard at this point.

Thank you all for you quick and helpful replies. It seems that the website is always being updated (late) for something or another. I had issues with trying to get my reservation under my account name too. I think X could do a better job with website updates. ARE YOU LISTENING X? :)

Thank you all for you quick and helpful replies. It seems that the website is always being updated (late) for something or another. I had issues with trying to get my reservation under my account name too. I think X could do a better job with website updates. ARE YOU LISTENING X? :)

as someone who manages a huge website - though nowhere near the size of Celebrity - I have sympathy. It is not easy... Many large companies actually shut their site down for a few days for major updates, but I'm sure this would make people even more frustrated.

Hello, Bassmanoh,

I have been checking on line to see when the drink packages are available too! We are sailing on the November 20th Summit cruise. Our final payment is due on the 11th of Sepember, so I guess that is when we will be able to order the packages.

On another note, I just found a fare code that after applied, dropped my cruise price. Give Celebrity a call and see if this price code applies to your sailing. At first the Celebrity rep did not see the code. I told her it was a resident code and she checked further and sure enough it worked.

The speciific resident code:RESA03.

Good luck!

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason as to when the drinks packages become available. We sail on 22 January 2011 and I purchased my drinks package 3 weeks ago. Spa appointments for our sailing became available a couple of days ago.

We couldn't order our's online either - 6 weeks out. But we called the phone number and the lady took our order over the phone in about 2 mins. Easy stuff.

Now if the email people worked as quickly..... :(

We sail on 18th Sept from Barcelona on Constellation and our drinks package is still coming up as unavailable? Can any-one shed any light on this??

Are they avalibale on the Connie ex Barcelona,i read some where they are not,they will be avaliable on board plus Spanish taxes,You cant pre order em

We are sailing on X Mercury in November. The beverage packages were listed a couple of weeks ago and then they weren't. Yesterday, they were listed again.

Same thing happened with the excursions. It seems that they add different excursions everyday. Is that the norm?

Does anyone know how soon they will be adding the Spa Service?

Thanks.

:o

Never accuse Celebrity (or for that matter any of the mass market cruise lines) of having a GOOD website. Celebrity's is in my opinion about two steps worse than substandard. Frankly, IMHO, the best thing =X= could do at this time would be to take their website designers for a long walk off a short pier and then start over.

Never the less there is hope. While things may come and go on the website the Celebrity 800 number lives on through day and night, storm and rain, etc, etc. Be forwarned though that not all of the personnel with which you might speak know about all the products they sell. Most do and are quite pleasant folks with which to speak. If you get an answer that doesn't make sense or seems hesitant then try calling back later. If you do this enough times you will get a knowledgable person on the phone.

Welcome to Celebrity - it is a fine cruise line. Now please go enjoy that upcoming cruise.

;):);)

Hi!

Sailing on the Summit December 11th, 2010. I have been checking most days eager to purchase a drink package and they are not yet available. Can anyone tell me approximately when packages are available in relation to the sailing date? Thanks!

We are on Equinox, December 6th, 2010 and just today made specialty restaurant reservations. The drink packages were available also, however, I don't think they have a limited number available like the specialty dining :rolleyes: so will wait until closer to sailing date - you need to pay when you make the reservation (Spa reservations were not yet being accepted).

Archived