How are the SA suites next to the glass elevators?

debsjc

We have an SC guarantee on the Eurodam coming up.

I'm very excitied, as this will be my first ever cruise in a suite, but I am a bit concerned we may be assigned one of the SA cabins next to the glass elevator, 7057/8/9/60.

When you are on the verandah can you see the lifts moving up and down, are they noisy at all? I just wonder if seeing a moving elevator out of the corner of your eye might be a bit annoying?

Yes -- you can see the elevators going by from your verandah.

And when the elevator stops right at your deck -- those standing up by the glass part of the elevators can see you on the verandah.

Just me -- but it would bother me having the elevators constantly going by.

There isn't any noise from them.

Those verandahs are very exposed to the elevators ... but odds are you won't get one.

2301077260099632937S500x500Q85.jpg

Just curious John, why do you say the odds are they won't get one? Are these SA's popular for some reason? I certainly wouldn't want it. Noticed them last year as well as a couple of others where basically I would feel I didn't have any privacy. To me, they would be the last ones picked but since they are central maybe people go for them? Just curious.

Why are those people wearing boxes on their heads?
Because I don't have s/w to blur or pixilate the faces.

Just curious John, why do you say the odds are they won't get one? Are these SA's popular for some reason? I certainly wouldn't want it. ... To me, they would be the last ones picked but since they are central maybe people go for them? Just curious.
Two of the 4 may be chosen very early because they are HC. The other two may be chosen, as you said, because of the central location. Beyond that, there are about (if I counted correctly) 6 SC and 14 SB that are more likely to be assigned from an SC guarantee, and 36 other SAs that are possible. So the chances of getting one of those 4 SA next to the elevator are 4/60 or lower.

Because I don't have s/w to blur or pixilate the faces.

Two of the 4 may be chosen very early because they are HC. The other two may be chosen, as you said, because of the central location. Beyond that, there are about (if I counted correctly) 6 SC and 14 SB that are more likely to be assigned from an SC guarantee, and 36 other SAs that are possible. So the chances of getting one of those 4 SA next to the elevator are 4/60 or lower.

thanks John,

I didn't realize that two of them were HC cabins. As always, you are a fount of wisdom. thanks so much.

We also had one on the Oosterdam and loved it. It was very quiet. The elevator was convenient for us and seldom used by others. It goes by so fast you hardly notice it. Did not feel our privacy was invaded at all. In fact, we have booked a similar location on the Nieuw Amsterdam later in the year.

Thanks for all the info.

Unfortunately on our cruise 3 of the 4 cabins next to the elevators are still available, and there are not many other SA's left and no SC's at all.

I will keep my fingers crossed that we are lucky enough to get a SB on deck 6 maybe.

Archived