Ft Lauderdale Riverside Hotel/ Wyndham Airport

rucruizin

We have these two hotels booked one pre-cruise ane post cruise. Never heard of the Riverside Hotel and have heard less than grand things about the Wyndham Airport.

Have any of you had first hand experience with either of these hotels. Please tell me they're ok.

Hi:) I haven't stayed at either...but I have been in the lobby of the Riverside...it is lovely. I was going to stay there last year but ended up on 17th Street instead.

It is in a FANTASTIC location though....directly in the middle of Las Olas Blvd.....with lots of shops and restaurants on both sides of the hotel.

There is a website... www.riversidehotel.com and you can see a bit about it on there.

I am sure someone who has stayed at the Wyndam can give you some first hand information.

• 1 year later...

Each time I sail out of Ft. Lauderdale, this is the only place I'll stay. I love the location and the new part of the hotel is beautiful. It's smack in the middle of East Las Olas Blvd..which is a street full of shops, restaurants, and great nightlife, too (all within walking distance of the hotel). Breakfast is great on the hotel's outside terrace. (=

I don't think they have a shuttle to the port. I've always taken a cab...it's not a far cab ride at all.

Have fun!

We love the Riverside & have stayed there many times. A funny story - we hadn't been in about 2+ years and had only been there 2 times before that, & stayed there one night before our Century cruise. Went into the lounge for pre-dinner drinks & the bartender said, "Oh, Mr. & Mrs. ____, so good to see you again, It's been awhile, hasn't it?" We sat there with our mouths hanging open :eek: . We actually remembered him, but not his name, and were so impressed! Plus, one night we stopped in for an after dinner drink & were talking with another bartender about how no one could beat the chocolate souflee we had in their restaurant. About 45 minutes later, the pastry chef from the hotel came out with a fresh chocolate soufflee for us! It's the ONLY hotel for us in Ft. Lauderdale.

Archived