Sushi?????

Jets1234

Was on the Valor in February and loved the sushi bar... it a ritual for us to make a stop by the Sushi bar before we head for the MDR and have a taste and pre-dinner drink... They had a good variety each day and only a few repeats during the week away...

They don't have raw fish? So no real sushi, just cooked rolls and california rolls? I had heard that it wasn't that great, but we LOVE sushi, so figured how bad could it be?

They don't have raw fish? So no real sushi, just cooked rolls and california rolls? I had heard that it wasn't that great, but we LOVE sushi, so figured how bad could it be?

Sushi is just vinegared rice, sashimi is raw fish. Like most food cruise offereings, its doest compare to what you could get at home, but its decent as a snack.

Sushi on any cruise always is the worst sushi you can find anywhere in the world. I pass all sushi bars without stopping.

Wow! In the whole world? :eek: And do you have documentation for this egregiously exaggerated assertion? :rolleyes: Also, if you pass all sushi bars without stopping, how would you know what it tastes like? :confused:

I've had a lot of sushi, much of it in high-end restaurants, and the Carnival sushi is very tasty and they have a nice variety. It does seem to vary from ship to ship, because I know I've had sashimi and avocado at Carnival sushi bars.

On my last cruise, I became friends with two Japanese models (I know... if I were only 30 years younger! :rolleyes:) and they had the sushi every night as a snack before dinner. They said they thought it was very good.

For what it is, they do a nice job -- but everything is cooked -- no raw fish at all -- so true sushi fans might not get what they were hoping for --

Just think of it as a pre-dinner snack, and it definitely hits the spot!

I've had raw tuna and raw salmon sushi on the Valor; the shrimp is cooked

I've had raw tuna and raw salmon sushi on the Valor; the shrimp is cooked

I'm SO disappointed then! On Splendor, everything at the sushi bar was cooked -- I think the sushi served one night int he MDR had some raw tuna, but everything on the sushi bar was definitely cooked.

I'm SO disappointed then! On Splendor, everything at the sushi bar was cooked -- I think the sushi served one night int he MDR had some raw tuna, but everything on the sushi bar was definitely cooked.

I am no Sushi expert but there was raw fish when I was on the Splendor in October. Granted only one night that I remember, but it was raw.

It was not the best Sushi I had ever had but it was ok. However, I think most things taste better when you are on a cruise. :D So the fact that I thought it was ok may be saying something. To each his own I guess.

Archived