Forward Ocean View Stateroom on Liberty of the Seas

AF-1

Hello fellow cruisers. I have asked this question under the cabin selection tips, but no one has replied. So I am asking here. Can anyone who has stayed in the forward ocean view staterooms on deck 6/7/9 tell me if they enjoyed them. these are the ones that jut out in front of the ship. I know cabins all the way forward and aft will have a whiplash effect if high seas are encountered. Thanks for any info.

I've stayed in one of the forward cabins on Freedom in 2007. It was my first cruise (and only one so-far) so I don't really have much to compare it to, and don't know how helpful this really will be.

It was a family oceanview on I think deck 7 or 8. There were 3 of us in the cabin, and it felt VERY spacious for a cruise ship. (I'm getting ready for my next cruise on Liberty in a balcony cabin, and am worried that it will feel a bit tight). There were two bunks on one side opposite the bathroom right when you walked in, so those were mostly out of the way, and didn't take up one "space" in the main part of the cabin, which had a sofa (or maybe a love seat?) and then a couple of beds.

We had perfectly smooth sailing, so I can't say anything about feeling the waves up front.

The view was very cool - and I think it was a neat perspective looking straight ahead at the bow of the ship instead of just blankly out to open waters on the side.

Sorry this wasn't more informative. But I can say that it was a good enough experience for me to be waiting to sail again, and have finally convinced my wife to come on this upcoming trip with me!

Good luck!

Hello fellow cruisers. I have asked this question under the cabin selection tips, but no one has replied. So I am asking here. Can anyone who has stayed in the forward ocean view staterooms on deck 6/7/9 tell me if they enjoyed them. these are the ones that jut out in front of the ship. I know cabins all the way forward and aft will have a whiplash effect if high seas are encountered. Thanks for any info.

we had one on the freedom - we really liked it - the view is directly forward. I think we were on deck 7 and the room was triangular in shape. I don't know what you mean by 'whiplash effect', but we never felt any motion.

we'd book there again in a heartbeat.

We had a forward cabin on Navigator , we loved it , it looked out over the helipad and we had a lovely view of the sea , when you look at the front of the ship and you see those few portholes just below the bridge , thats where we were on deck 7 , we only felt a lot of motion on our very last night , i loved it it felt like i was being rocked to sleep , i wouldnt hesitate in having a forward cabin especialy if it is one of those portholes right at the front of the ship .We are sailing on Freedom in a couple of weeks and this time we are in a balcony cabin which is far forward too , its the second balcony along from the front , again on deck 7.

The views especially the days you are going into a port are beyond. I was just in a forward stateroom on the Liberty of the Seas. We had one day at sea that was a bit rocky, but everyone felt it, (in the theatre etc) so that doesn't help much. And at night like someone said, the rocking just puts you to sleep. I haven't slept so well in a long time. And the only other con is the trek if say your in the aft elevator. Its a great workout after a big dinner!

Archived