Visas for Egypt

djaustin

We are looking into taking our tour of the pyramids with Ramses Tour Co. instead of the cruise ship excursion (Costa Deliziosa in November). Are the visa stamps acquired from the ship or will we need to acquire them off the ship? I have read a lot on cc boards and have been reading conflicting information. :confused:

Most cruise lines obtain them on the ship for all passengers regardless of whether or not you are taking the ships tour or a private excursion or going off the ship on your own without an excursion.

Check with your cruise line to confirm this.

Keith

This is a confusing issue for sure, compounded by the fact that many cruise reps will give you the WRONG information when you ask...

Here's a thread I started a while ago for people to post their actual experience:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1008588

As you can see, in every instance the ship provided the visa stamp, whether or not you are taking a ship-sponsored tour. I can't recall if anyone from Costa posted their experience, but if someone at Costa tells you different, I would check and double-check yet again, as I am fairly sure the Egyptian government does this for every cruise line.....

This is a confusing issue for sure, compounded by the fact that many cruise reps will give you the WRONG information when you ask...

Here's a thread I started a while ago for people to post their actual experience:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1008588

As you can see, in every instance the ship provided the visa stamp, whether or not you are taking a ship-sponsored tour. I can't recall if anyone from Costa posted their experience, but if someone at Costa tells you different, I would check and double-check yet again, as I am fairly sure the Egyptian government does this for every cruise line.....

As I mentioned the cruise line will likely provide the visa stamps. However I do think it makes sense to contact the cruise line.

The cruise lines that we sail with do, in fact, have the facts on this as the information is not made up but constained in the specfiic cruise line information for that voyage.

Keith

As I mentioned the cruise line will likely provide the visa stamps. However I do think it makes sense to contact the cruise line.

The cruise lines that we sail with do, in fact, have the facts on this as the information is not made up but constained in the specfiic cruise line information for that voyage.

Keith

Unfortunately, I did receive incorrect information from Princess prior to my cruise in 2006, and I know someone else got the same misinformation last year (2009) on the same cruise, which is one reason I'm proactive on this particular issue. It's very aggravating to go to the time and trouble of getting a visa in advance when it is not necessary.

So it does happen.......at least with Princess.

I did just speak with a Costa rep and was told that touring the pyramids does not require a stamp. There was one area of Egypt that she said did require a stamp and that is not an area we are going into. This indeed is an area of controversy. :confused:

I did just speak with a Costa rep and was told that touring the pyramids does not require a stamp. There was one area of Egypt that she said did require a stamp and that is not an area we are going into. This indeed is an area of controversy. :confused:

Ay-yay-yay. That's clearly incorrect info any way you look at it.

Perhaps if you ask your question on the Costa board you'll find someone who's "been there, done that" and can tell you for sure. The problem with reps is that they are there to sell you the cruise. They may know the ship (many do not), but they often know less about the destinations....

Archived