7 a.m. - 1 p.m. - ? - Jost Van Dyke/Sandy Split

LadyBerard

We will be in Tortola on 1/8/11 from 7 - 1 pm. Last time we were here, we did the Virgin Gorda trip, and the time before that, we went to Cane Garden Bay.

I see on NCL shore excursions that they do list a catamaran to Jost Van Dyke (79 p.p.). There is also a catamaran to Sandy Split ($55).

I usually like to book things independently and do have an email inquiry to Tortola Charters for more info. from them. However, as the hours are so brief here, I was wondering if anybody has done either tour through NCL or through Tortola Charters and how it worked out? Thanks.

Sue

Sue, Just an FYI, it's Sandy Spit not split. Also, I think you might actually want to go to Sandy Cay. See my photos below. :)

Sandy Cay

1146357072044477402S425x425Q85.jpg

1146356409044477402S500x500Q85.jpg

1146356888044477402S500x500Q85.jpg

Sandy Spit is the little islet in the center of this shot.

2960096200044477402S500x500Q85.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

There aren't any charters or water taxis that operate out of White Bay that I am aware of. There's no place for them to dock. That doesn't mean you couldn't arrange for one to pick you up but they would likely come from Tortola and be rather costly. Babybull used to go out of Cane Garden Bay but the last time I did a Jost trip with him it cost us a couple of hundred to go from CGB to Great Harbor, JVD with a stop at Sandy Cay and return.

• 2 weeks later...
We will be in Tortola on 1/8/11 from 7 - 1 pm. Last time we were here, we did the Virgin Gorda trip, and the time before that, we went to Cane Garden Bay.

I see on NCL shore excursions that they do list a catamaran to Jost Van Dyke (79 p.p.). There is also a catamaran to Sandy Split ($55).

I usually like to book things independently and do have an email inquiry to Tortola Charters for more info. from them. However, as the hours are so brief here, I was wondering if anybody has done either tour through NCL or through Tortola Charters and how it worked out? Thanks.

Sue

Tortola Charters run the tours to the Baths for NCL. But if you book direct you will save some money. So basically they are the same. I am booked with them for our trip to Jost Van Dyke, $55 plus they will work around the cruise ship schedules. They will make sure you get to the ship on time. If you do book with Tortola Charters please mention my name as a refferal.

Thank You, Eric von Winckler

LadyBeard,

Would you mind sharing what crusie you will be on? We were scheduled for the Jost van Dyke excursion on NCL Gem in Jan 2009 but when we were on the ship we were told that it was cancelled. I was so disappointed. I see that there are reviews of the excursion on NCL's website, but wasn't keen on "hoping" it would happen and then having it not happen again... thus I may want to book privately.

Just curious...

Thanks,

Dawn

• 2 weeks later...
are you going to jost van dyke? i am on the same cruise and looking to do it how much was it to get there round trip and what other info do you have? thanks so much

They work around the cruise ship schedules. They are the ones who do the Baths Tour for NCL. I have Jost Van Dyke booked for Nov.8th. If you book through them Tell them "SEAHUNTERS2000" reffered you. Here is the website:http://tortolacharters.com/excursions/jost-van-dyke-tours/

Archived