luggage tag quick question??

cruisenwithchris1

Can someone please tell me if we are supposed to put our luggage tags from Princess on our luggage prior to our flight or once we arrive in Alaska? We are flying LAX/Seattle/Fairbanks on a land tour first. We weren't sure if they took our luggage in Fairbanks automatically to the hotel and needed to know this ahead of time.

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks for the quick response.

From my memory of my last cruise/tour in Alaska a long time ago, I remember that we sorted our luggage at the hotel the first night and they took part of it directly to the ship and it was there when we arrived 4 days later, is this still the way it is done, do you know?

Thanks,

Chris

Can someone please tell me if we are supposed to put our luggage tags from Princess on our luggage prior to our flight or once we arrive in Alaska? We are flying LAX/Seattle/Fairbanks on a land tour first. We weren't sure if they took our luggage in Fairbanks automatically to the hotel and needed to know this ahead of time.

Thanks,

Chris

We always put them on berfore we head to the port not during the flight.

There are some who say it will help get your bags to the ship if there is a problem with a flight but we never do.

No need to have them on before you get to the port. If your luggage gets lost the cruise ship tag won't give the airline any information you would not have already given them when you reported the luggage lost.

They come around and collect your luggage around 6 in the morning at Captain Hook (or whatever the name of the hotel is in ANchorage) so put it on the night before. They take it to the train for you and you will meet in the lobby to board buses that take you to the train - it's less than a mile away. There is a Princess office in the hotel where you pick up your packet/boarding info from. Stop down there after you get to the hotel.

Archived