New bucket of beer deal?

frito58

On FOS right now...was looking forward to this on day one, but the bartenders and bar managers have told us that they're only going to do it on one day on the cruise, no clue what day that might be, but it's now a daily special. :/ Oh well, we'll find it when it happens.

On FOS right now...was looking forward to this on day one, but the bartenders and bar managers have told us that they're only going to do it on one day on the cruise, no clue what day that might be, but it's now a daily special. :/ Oh well, we'll find it when it happens.

Does that mean that the refill option is only valid for that one day, or it will be valid for the remainder of the cruise once you have it? Enjoy your trip!

Just back from Freedom of the Seas and we purchased a cooler of beers. They do not bring them out until the 2nd to last day (we missed a port due to the hurricane so ours were brought out one day early).

The cost is $34 for 8 beers (plus 15% gratuity) came to around $39.10. You can get any Bud or Michelob products (bud, bud light, bud light lime or Mich, Mich Light, Mich Ultra). You bring the cooler back and they will fill it with 8 beers for the price of only 6 for $25.50 plus gratuity. The bartenders will leave the caps on for you so if you don't finish them, have the bar refill with ice and you can enjoy them on your balcony or in your cabin. They did sell out very quick so when you see them, get one right away.

Here is a picture -

795080816_DSCF1135-Copy.jpg.00a7bc5f4508590b6dd22536591b99cc.jpg

Just back from Freedom of the Seas and we purchased a cooler of beers. They do not bring them out until the 2nd to last day (we missed a port due to the hurricane so ours were brought out one day early).

The cost is $34 for 8 beers (plus 15% gratuity) came to around $39.10. You can get any Bud or Michelob products (bud, bud light, bud light lime or Mich, Mich Light, Mich Ultra). You bring the cooler back and they will fill it with 8 beers for the price of only 6 for $25.50 plus gratuity. The bartenders will leave the caps on for you so if you don't finish them, have the bar refill with ice and you can enjoy them on your balcony or in your cabin. They did sell out very quick so when you see them, get one right away.

Here is a picture -

[ATTACH]169602[/ATTACH]

It makes perfect sense that they don't do this until the end of the cruise. I know that with this deal, I would probably not need to buy beer until the end of the trip.

Here is a picture -

[ATTACH]169602[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the info. Kind of disappointing that they are not rolling this out in full force and just waiting until the last few days. I bought a bucket of Coronas on Majesty this past summer and kept what I didn't finish in our minifridge. Unfortunately, the fridge barely keeps things luke warm, so I would just go to the bar and exchange them. This was a pain, so it's really only worth it if you're getting a good deal. Ice works too, though.

You bring the cooler back and they will fill it with 8 beers for the price of only 6 for $25.50 plus gratuity.

So...there seems to be NO consistency from ship to ship. Some ships brought them out earlier and refills were 8 beers vs. 6 beers.

Oh well, maybe by my cruise in February they'll figure it out...:rolleyes:

So...there seems to be NO consistency from ship to ship. Some ships brought them out earlier and refills were 8 beers vs. 6 beers.

Oh well, maybe by my cruise in February they'll figure it out...:rolleyes:

The refills on the Freedom were 8 beers however you only had to pay for 6 - so basically the bartender said "bring the cooler back and I will give you 8 beers for the price of 6". :)

We did find that some bars were a little "less expensive" than others for basic drinks. So yes I agree there is little consistency. ;) One night a beer was $5.95 for a Murphy's and the next night, the same beer was $8.95.

Just off Grandeur 9/11 sailing. They did not have these at all during the cruise. Saw an advertising table tent thing on day 1 in the Schooner Bar but was told they were out of them, they pulled the ads shortly thereafter. I was offered 8 Bud/Mich in white plastic pail for the cooler refill price of around $25. I don't drink Bud and wanted Miller Lite but they wouldn't do it. There was some other special with XX or Miller but didn't inquire about it. Had enough to drink in Coz to last me the rest of the cruise and then some!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a picture -

[ATTACH]169602[/ATTACH]

Yep, just got back from the Serenade of The Seas, and they were offering this the first day on board. Refills were 8 beers, for $25.50, after the first purchase. It was a great deal, and we kept ours in our room during the day, so our room attendant could refresh the ice, and we would have some nice cold ones waiting for us after getting back on board from seeing the port. Well worth it, will never smuggle beer onboard again....:D

Yep, just got back from the Serenade of The Seas, and they were offering this the first day on board. Refills were 8 beers, for $25.50, after the first purchase. It was a great deal, and we kept ours in our room during the day, so our room attendant could refresh the ice, and we would have some nice cold ones waiting for us after getting back on board from seeing the port. Well worth it, will never smuggle beer onboard again....:D

Thanks for this info. Can you confirm if most beers were included on the Serenade?

Thanks for this info. Can you confirm if most beers were included on the Serenade?

I couldn't tell you right off-hand of all the brands, I will check with hubby later. I know we are Miller Light drinkers ( no boo's please:)) and they didn't have that for the cooler.We settled for Bud Light. Definitely will try to post back what waiter told hubby.

I seem to remember the balcony neighbors were drinking Mich-ultra out of theirs. It seemed to be really popular because you would see all the girls with their totes, and all the guys carrying their cooler!

On Majesty the bucket deal was limited to Bud, Bud Light, Bud Light Lime and Michelob Ultra. And yes, they were offering this deal on the first day. They would be foolish to discontinue this offer as it's been very successful for them.

I couldn't tell you right off-hand of all the brands, I will check with hubby later. I know we are Miller Light drinkers ( no boo's please:)) and they didn't have that for the cooler.We settled for Bud Light. Definitely will try to post back what waiter told hubby.

I seem to remember the balcony neighbors were drinking Mich-ultra out of theirs. It seemed to be really popular because you would see all the girls with their totes, and all the guys carrying their cooler!

no boo's here. Miller Lite is also what my husband drinks. Don't think he would do Bud or Bud light. Mich ultra maybe??? let me know what your hubby says

Archived