Hotel SEARCH

Cruisin'BusyBee

Help please in locating a decent hotel in Ft. Lauderdale w/transfers, close to pier/airport (March 24, 2011). I hope that this is not repeating, but I was unable to find location on Cruise Critic where such hotels are. Anyone responding would be most appreciated! This is a wonderful source of knowledge for cruisin'!!! :)

C/BB

Help please in locating a decent hotel in Ft. Lauderdale w/transfers' date=' close to pier/airport (March 24, 2011). I hope that this is not repeating, but I was unable to find location on Cruise Critic where such hotels are. Anyone responding would be most appreciated! This is a wonderful source of knowledge for cruisin'!!! :)

C/BB[/quote']

The place to find hotels is on the Florida Departures board, which is located within the North American Homeports, East Coast Departures. EM

Help please in locating a decent hotel in Ft. Lauderdale w/transfers' date=' close to pier/airport (March 24, 2011). I hope that this is not repeating, but I was unable to find location on Cruise Critic where such hotels are. Anyone responding would be most appreciated! This is a wonderful source of knowledge for cruisin'!!! :)

C/BB[/quote']

The Hilton Marina and the Renaissance are right across the street from the pier. No shuttle for either.

The easiest method I know of to find a hotel by location (when you know where you want to stay, but not which hotels are in the immediate vicinity) is via Booking dot com.

Enter the date and destination city; once the initial search results populate, just click on the "show on map" link near the top right of a listing; it opens up in google maps view, but has all the hotels flagged and tagged. You can then zoom in and see where all the hotels are; for more info on any given property just click on the flag...

The 17th Street area is the best way to get a hotel close to the port/airport. Be aware that it's a tourist ghetto, with chain hotels and restaurants. Fine for a night before the cruise.

If you're looking for a more vacation-like experience, you'll want Ft. Lauderdale Beach hotels. Westin, W, Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort are all good.

Riverside Hotel on Las Olas is a change of pace and folks have been getting amazing deals on it. Great area, no free transport, but it's all about a $10 cab ride from airport or Port Everglades.

We like the LaQuinta Airport for one night:http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ985&propId=985&savedSearchQuery=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lq.com%2Flq%2FproxySearchRes.do%3FsearchCity%3DFt.%2BLauderdale%26searchState%3DFL%26availability.palsra_IND_M%3D%26availability.palsra_IND_D%3D%26availability.palsra_IND_Y%3D%26availability.palsra_OTD_M%3D%26availability.palsra_OTD_D%3D%26availability.palsra_OTD_Y%3D%26availability.palsra_NRM%3D1%26mapProvider%3DMapQuest%26searchType%3DGEO%26promocorp%3D%26x%3D25%26y%3D8 . It's not fancy, but it's close to restaurants and shopping and has a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and one from the hotel to the port. It has "free" breakfast and also has free parking if you're driving.

Archived