Bowling on the Pearl

xnavydoc2

Hello to all,

Are there any serious bowlers out there who have used the bowling lanes on the Pearl? What are the lane conditions? Do thay take pretty good care of them? oily? dry? Just wondering. My Lovely Wife Opal and I are avid bowlers, and will be on the Pearl soon. Thanks.

Gordon and His Lovely Wife Opal

Hello to all,

Are there any serious bowlers out there who have used the bowling lanes on the Pearl? What are the lane conditions? Do thay take pretty good care of them? oily? dry? Just wondering. My Lovely Wife Opal and I are avid bowlers, and will be on the Pearl soon. Thanks.

Gordon and His Lovely Wife Opal

I am not a very good bowler but usually score at least 100, we bowled on the Gem with several CC members were bowled in leagues. I can say it was the most fun I even had bowling. The lanes were very slow and you had to throw the ball very hard to even make the pins they were VERY dry. We were at sea so the ball would sometimes get part way down and then slip into the gutter. I think my score was in the 50's!

I am not a very good bowler but usually score at least 100, we bowled on the Gem with several CC members were bowled in leagues. I can say it was the most fun I even had bowling. The lanes were very slow and you had to throw the ball very hard to even make the pins they were VERY dry. We were at sea so the ball would sometimes get part way down and then slip into the gutter. I think my score was in the 50's!

Whattttt????? Slip in the gutter? I was hoping for bumpers! :D

deb

There are bumpers which in fact can go up and down for each individual bowler. Thus kids can play with bumpers and adults can use without during same game. However, to answer OP, do not expect anything close to regular bowling. The lanes are dry and the movement of the ship can be extreme. Most people are interested in bowling when the ship is at sea, thus the ship is moving. Agree with others, great fun---but don't expect serious bowling.

Whattttt????? Slip in the gutter? I was hoping for bumpers! :D

deb

There are bumpers. They are rails and they were up when we were bowling on 8/14. I was able to get a lot of strikes thanks to the bumpers:D! However, I did score a strike the hard way too! I believe that you can program them to go down for each bowler.

I think the $5 covers everything.

Does anyone know if you can reserve lanes ahead of time???

We were able to reserve lanes on our Gem cruise in Dec 2008... can't speak to after that or on the Pearl. Will find out in January though... :)

We were able to reserve lanes on our Gem cruise in Dec 2008... can't speak to after that or on the Pearl. Will find out in January though... :)

thanks. We're going bowling as a CC group and wanted to know if it was even possible to reserve lanes. I'll check it out as soon as i board.

thanks. We're going bowling as a CC group and wanted to know if it was even possible to reserve lanes. I'll check it out as soon as i board.

In the past, the CD has provided a complimentary game to members of the CC Meet & Greet. You sign up at the M&G and, depending on how many sign up, are scheduled for later in the cruise, normally on a sea day.

Even stranger than the lane conditions, is the condition of the shoes. Many of them stick during your approach.

Best advise... bowl for fun, not for the score.

In the past, the CD has provided a complimentary game to members of the CC Meet & Greet. You sign up at the M&G and, depending on how many sign up, are scheduled for later in the cruise, normally on a sea day.

Even stranger than the lane conditions, is the condition of the shoes. Many of them stick during your approach.

Best advise... bowl for fun, not for the score.

Really? That would be fantastic if we did get a complimentary game.

I can just see my shoes sticking on approach and face planting it. lolol

Archived