Canada - Sea Princess

cruiser02

I am booked on the Sea Princess for the New England/Canada cruise Sept 24th Can easily tell this is a popular iternary for the ships seem to sell out fast. I'd sure appreciate a review of the cruise and/or the ship.

Have cat AC which appears to be a great cabin.

Thanks to ALL in advance.

I've been using this board since my first cruise....and would not leave home without it

Hi cruiser2: More than likely you are on the 1st sailing of the Sea Princess for the Canada/New England tour. The Sea Princess will be coming to Princess from P & O(the parent co. of Princess) I think it is in April of this year so will probably not get any reviews until after that. The Sea Princess is a sister ship to the Sun and the Dawn so maybe read those reviews. Might help. We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise of the Canada/New England but it was on the old Crown Princess which has been sold. We like to go back again and like Coral (above) that is on my list too.

Marilyn

I should add that I was on the Sea Princess in 1999 before it was trasnferred to P&O. It is an excellent ship. As "Mii" said, the ship is similiar to the Sun and Dawn Princess. It should be a great ship for NE/Canada.

Your AC category Mini Suite will be close in layout to the Vista Suites on the Grand Class ships. Although these are considered mini suites on the Sun Class and do not come with all of the perks associated with a full suite, they are very comfortable.

One thing I could recommend to you, unless the bath area is different on the Sea then it is on the Sun and Dawn is to take some type of organizer for the sink area. We found only three tiny little shelves not even close to the sink in these mini's bathrooms and there is not even storage underneath like in most cabins. It was one of the only drawbacks of this cabin and if you come prepared, it will make it much more comfortable for you.

If you go to one of the online sites you can see a full 360 view of your AC cabin which will show you the comfort it will provide.

Enjoy your cruise!

Hi cruiser02,

We are booked on the Oct 14th Sea Princess, for the NB New England ,and have an oceanview with balcony. We are really looking forward to this cruise. Even though we are relatively new to cruising, this one has been high on our list. The wife is from Canada and is really excited about a return trip. I am sure that you and I will have some great reviews to write.

Ron

New England is a great itinerary and on my list to do again. I did the New York to Montreal on the Royal Princess. Its pricey but well worth it.

P & O has a great website with great views of the ship/cabins, check out the Adonia.

I'll be on the Sea Princess before your NE cruise, I booked the Iberia/Transatlantic 21 days Sept 3 - 24th.

Am really looking forward to having the Sea Princess embark/disembark in Quebec City this year - am already planning my trips to the dock area to see her! All these larger ships being built is a real plus for Quebec City as an embarkation port - anything over 70 000 tons can't go under Laviolette Bridge in Trois-Rivieres, so can't go to Montreal. Coral, do come on this cruise, we would love to see Island Dog in Quebec!

Twickenham,

This will be my first time in Quebec so I am getting pretty excited about the trip. My wife says that it is absolutely beautiful (she is from Alberta). Some other posters had sent me a link to the photos of the bridges. It has been a while but I do remember how great the area looked.

Thanks, Ron

Twickenham,

This will be my first time in Quebec so I am getting pretty excited about the trip. My wife says that it is absolutely beautiful (she is from Alberta). Some other posters had sent me a link to the photos of the bridges. It has been a while but I do remember how great the area looked.

Thanks, Ron

It is beautiful, if I do say so myself (although less so today - we got a ton of snow yesterday -sigh-). The best part is the view from the ship - the dock is really one of the most pituresque I've ever seen, and I have visited several docks (by ship and by land); a lot is easy walking distance from the ship.

I have to agree, Quebec is one of the most picturesque ports we've been to. We arrived after dark, so Chateau Frontenac and the fortress were all lit. In fact, that itinerary is full of great photo ops in many of the ports. It's worth getting up early as you sail into each city.

• 1 month later...

I am also interested in this itinerary. Maybe 06 or 07. Long time off but I like the Quebec to FLL trip the best. A question for those who have been. Are you close enough to the coastline to enjoy using a balcony? How about the weather in October? Here by the west coast it is pretty cool late October by the water. The southern part of the east coast should be nice but not sure of the northeast coastline.

This is our favorite itinerary -- we've done it several times and we live in New England. :)

When we were in Quebec City on HAL last year, we joined a couple of friends in a walk inside the wall that surrounds the upper town. It was magnificent. It took several hours, yet we stopped along the way to rest, eat, take photos, etc. I highly recommend this for those who will be in Quebec City pre- or post-cruise, or who have been there previously and want to see a small part of the city close-up.

As far as the balcony in October -- weather could be iffy. On one of our October cruises, it was windy enough so that the Captain requested that all balcony doors remain closed at night. I suppose the oversized view would be worth it, though. You will see land when you are cruising the St. Lawrence River.

I'm happy to answer questions about the itinerary. I wish we could go again this year, but nearly all of the cruises this year will take that route during the autumn, when both my husband (a teacher) and son are in school.

What airport would one fly into from California? So far I haven't found an airline that flys there. Is it a small airport and city? So confused, guess if I don't get an answer here I ll contact my TA but maybe I will get an answer.

Thanks

What airport would one fly into from California? So far I haven't found an airline that flys there. Is it a small airport and city? So confused, guess if I don't get an answer here I ll contact my TA but maybe I will get an answer.

Thanks

Quebec airport is an International one. It is not as big as Montreal or other US international airports but many "big" airlines stops here. This link will bring you to the airports web site. You will find many answers...

This link will open the official web site of "Quebec city & Area Tourism and Convention Bureau".

Since I live in Quebec city, feel free to ask questions. I'll try to do my best to help you !

Alain R.

Thanks

We are flying out of Phoenix on Continental with a connection in EWR (New York/Newark, NJ) and returning out of EWR to PHX. The flight #CO3424 from EWR to YQB (Quebec City)is operated by ExpressJet Airlines,Inc. dba Continental Express.

FYI - we are flying in the day before. Most flight arrive in the late evening unless you take a "red eye" from the west coast.

Quebec City is not a small city.

Archived