Embarkation and boarding Times for Voyager

cruisealert

Just looked at my Regent Voyager documentation for our Stockholm embarkation this weekend. It says embark at 2PM. I was planning to check out of the hotel and get to the ship around 12:30. Anyone know if you can get on before the "official embarkation" time. 2PM just sounds late. We do not sail away until the next evening. I want to drop off our bags and then walk around Stockholm for awhile.my TA says that she expects they will let us board at 12:30. Thoughts?

Yes, you should be able to board around 12:30, and maybe even drop your carry on's in your suite and have some lunch or a snack if you like and then with your boarding card be able to go off the ship and walk around Stockholm for awhile. When you leave the ship be sure to note the latest time passengers can be back onboard before sailing. You will also have to be back onboard for muster drill.

Have a great cruise.

Hard to know where the Voyager will dock...we were out at the port from where you can easily reach the centre of town by the Tunnelbahn - subway. Some ships dock near the Gamla Stan - the old town. I am not sure what determines where you dock.

Anyway, ignore what the documents say and be there at noon for boarding. Under normal conditions it will start promptly at noon. Only once have we been delayed, due to an unannouced emergency drill. And many apologies were offered! Have lunch and then go to your suite when the announcement is made. Then head off for your sightseeing. OR check your carry ons when you get to the ship along with your main suitcase. I really do not think it is fair to get in the way of the stewardesses when they are coping with the "changeover" by taking stuff to your suite. And it most likely isn't all that secure since doors will be open...

Hi 2 weeks ago we boarded in Stockholm and arrived at the Port at just after 12 - many had already boarded in front of us, so you will be fine at 12.30.

If you are at the same cruise terminal - Stockholm Cruise Terminal then you would need to get a cab back to the city which will cost you around 250 kroner ( it may have been 200 can't remember for sure) and it takes about 20 minutes.

We enjoyed lunch and relaxing up on deck as it was a beautiful day, before the life boat drill at 4.30 and sail away at 5.00.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions just let me know as it is still fairly fresh in my brain :-)

The nearest Tunnelbana station is at Gärdet, about a 15 min walk from the Cruise Terminal. There is also a city bus that runs from central Stockholm to the Frihamnen docks and costs around 26SEK each way. The bus ride is 15mins. A taxi will cost around 200SEK one way, so the bus - or the T-bana - is a bargain!

Archived