Food choices in the MDR

jerblu

I love the fettucini too. I had it for an appetizer 3 times on our recent cruise. But I have never gotten it in a parmesan bowl. Perhaps they only do this if you get it for a main course??

I had it both as a main course and an appetizer in both of the anytime dining venues. It was random on the parmesan bowl. No rhyme or reason sometimes I got it sometimes not. With or without the fettucini was so good. Gotta go make it now. :)

There is always steak on the menu... and fettuccini alfredo and shrimp cocktail...

My son ate the fettuccini alfredo every single night, if not for dinner, then for any appy... He LOVES it!!:)

I avoid the salmon on cruise ships because it is frozen and salmon does not freeze well because of its higher fat content. Fresh salmon is delicious, frozen isn't if you are use to fresh.

The mendalions of beef are a poor excuse for steak. We asked for fillet mignon and the Matre'd gave us mendalions, I guess he thought we would not known the difference?? Unfortunately, we do.

I do like the salads with chicken or shrimp as an option.

We try to order fish other than salmon. We usually check out what fish they have and then start trying what they have special ordering until we find which one is the fresh.

Thanks for posting the always available menu. All this talk about a steak always available as an alternate had me wondering if they added the steak to the list again since our last cruise. The Beef Medallions are usually good, but not an actual steak the last few times I ordered them. ;)

To my knowledge, steak has not returned to the anytime menu. The steak that they serve on the last night is really bad IMO. They should switch it back to prime rib.

They used to have steak (NY Strip?) and filet medallions (which really doesn't taste like a decent filet mignon. The steak has been removed and now only the medallions exist.

Yes.

My New York strip later in the cruise that was on the reg menu was sooooo good.

The beef Wellington also was probably the best I have tasted.

Archived