Hi, my name is Cindy and I'm addicted to...

Hi, my name is Cindy and I'm addicted to...the cc boards!!!! I can't stay off this Royal Caribbean board. We don't sail until January 29th but I'm so excited about it I'm constantly surfing the web looking for any info I can find about Serenade of the Seas. You'd think I was a cruise newbie...admittedly we haven't sailed as many times as many others on these boards but this will be our 4th cruise. I just love going places I've never been and going by cruise is even better!!!

Hi, my name is Cindy and I'm addicted to...the cc boards!!!! I can't stay off this Royal Caribbean board. We don't sail until January 29th but I'm so excited about it I'm constantly surfing the web looking for any info I can find about Serenade of the Seas. You'd think I was a cruise newbie...admittedly we haven't sailed as many times as many others on these boards but this will be our 4th cruise. I just love going places I've never been and going by cruise is even better!!!

I have to admit I am a CC junkie as well...LOL! I will be a new cruiser in just 3 weeks so I'm sure that has something to do with my addiction. :D

There are many of us that are addicted to these boards. Some of us are here to learn things others are here to pass along things we have already learned.

And those who pass along missinfo....hearesay :cool:

Welcome to the boards! We are all addicts here, so don't feel like you are unusual. It is so hard when you have a cruise that's months away and you read about people leaving etc. I guess it helps pass the time for me and I love reading about others experiences. Have a wonderful cruise.

Well, I hate to tell you newbies, but we have about 40 cruises in all, and we're still addicted to cruises.

I, too, am addicted to the boards. My only wish is that I had known about them much sooner. For the most part, this is a fun, learning, sharing website. Granted, there are some who deliberately try to stir up things, but it's easy to just go past that and ignore the negative. :)

One positive things about being addicted to the boards is that it is faaaaarrrrr less expensive than a cruise. LOL! :D

Happy day to all,

Cruzin Lady

Hi, Cindy, I'm Kim. I'm also going on my 4th cruise on Serenade of the Seas (although I don't leave until June), and I'm addicted too!

I'm enjoying being over on the port boards now researching my excursions :)

You'd think I was a cruise newbie.

Well, there aren't too many cruise newbies on these boards. Cruise newbies SHOULD show up here, but they generally don't know about such a thing existing.

I had no idea about the Cruise Critic message boards until one day when I was searching for information on the Oasis and booking the speciality restaurants. Oasis was my ninth cruise! Now there are few days when I'm NOT hanging around here.

Now I too am a CC boards addict. :o

The neat thing about being a CruiseCritic junkie is you get to meet so many nice people online; and these people have a wealth of knowledge about cruising and about mistakes they have made; I know I post mistakes I made so others don't have the same problems. Have fun, enjoy your time on these boards; and if we can answer your question; just ask.

The biggest reward is the friends you can make on these boards. You start out on a Roll Call or a specific thread and your friendship develops, you get to meet some of these posters on cruises, and then you try to cruise together again.

It is so nice if you are traveling as a couple only to have others to get together with on your cruise from the Roll Call..to have someone you know to participate in activities with like Cabin Crawls, Slot Pulls etc and to dine and socialize with.

If you have an active state thread that helps. They are scattered a bit. A great opportunity to become good friends with others and have friendships develop with get togethers, lunches etc. You tend to post more about daily happenings and family so you really get to know one another well. You can get out of these boards what you put into them for sure. It has been a true blessing for me.

Love it when an exciting thread is started. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it some of the best land up being gone in a flash due to heated discussions and comments but they are entertaining while they last.

When I started posting prior to our first cruise I learned so much valuable information. To read reviews and posts-learn about excursions-hotels-shopping-travel hints etc has made such a difference. There is always something you can become more informed about.

To follow the live cruise threads do make you feel like you are traveling along with the OP. The ships you may never cruise on you can still become well familiar with. Also you can determine if it is a ship you may desire to do a future cruise on.

Welcome to the newer posters. Do navigate through the boards to see what threads interest you. Always do the Roll Calls. Sometimes you will find those that never really get going but others as you will see really blossom and are sustained long after the cruise.

Oh and about the few not so nice posters..never let them upset you. The positive far outweigh the negative.

Laura

Well, there aren't too many cruise newbies on these boards. Cruise newbies SHOULD show up here, but they generally don't know about such a thing existing.

I had no idea about the Cruise Critic message boards until one day when I was searching for information on the Oasis and booking the speciality restaurants. Oasis was my ninth cruise! Now there are few days when I'm NOT hanging around here.

Now I too am a CC boards addict. :o

Before the 1st cruise I knew there was a Cruise review section, but i didn't knnow about this board itself! Now I'm always on here looking.

Before the 1st cruise I knew there was a Cruise review section, but i didn't knnow about this board itself! Now I'm always on here looking.

Same here! I had read a few reviews, but never checked the message boards. I feel like I should bonk myself on the head for that one! :(

Everyone is a newbie until they find CC. Welcome Cindy! :D:) We're all crusie critic loving, all for the same reason. Just watch out for intense thread debates (water, alcohol, attire, food, etc). Some folks dont spend much time online (kids, jobs & other priorities), some are more literate than others, some are just more internet savvy than the next. It is ridiculous to think it has something to do with how many cruises you have been on, lol. It has to do with interent interest and internet use.

Cindy, you can be on CC all day, lol! Not the worst addiction. :) I love browsers with multitabs! That is how I compute and why I am on CC a lot. I work with 2 or more browsers and each have 4-6 tabs opened. I multitask well, and have been online for 17 yrs.

I too am a CC junkie. My friends and family say they can't understand why I'm on here so long. I've been a junkie for 6 yrs and don't want a cure, just another fix(cruise) I read posts and reviews like my life depended on it! It's a great way to pass the wintery days when I can't get away for a cruise. There's a greaat bunch of folks on the boards. The reviews are helpful when preparing for a new ship. I do groups and am able to help my newbies with what I learn from the reviews. Keep up the good job! I sail 10-27-11 on Explorer of the Seas. Hope to meet & mingle with yA!

Hi, my name is Denise and I'm addicted too. In fact, I'll be on the same ship. I have it really bad because I'm going on two cruises next year and constantly on CC. When I log off CC to do something, within 10 mins I'm back on.......withdrawl symptoms.:eek: I'm suppose to do my work on the job but I can't help it.:o

The biggest reward is the friends you can make on these boards.

So agree with this. I'm getting ready to go on my third cruise (and 4th trip) with a friend made from these boards. When real life is getting me down, I know I can come here and find something to put a smile on my face, whether it's planning for my next cruise, or hearing about someone's excitement about their cruise.

Signed,

A CC junkie!!

We've been cruising for 20 years. I discovered Cruise Critic while on a member cruise about 5 or 6 years ago. Cabins all over the ship had signs on the door saying something like "I'm a Cruise Critic". I said to my husband, "What's That?". Well, when we got home from the cruise, I went online and found it. I was so excited...a whole website dedicated to cruising! And, I thought we were the only ones addicted to cruising. Then, I knew we weren't! Anyway, I usually only get on this website after we've booked a cruise. I love reading about others experiences and tips. And, if I can answer another's question, I do my best based on our experiences. Since we booked our next cruise this time while on our last cruise, I've been on here now for about 6 months straight. My DH doesn't get it. Oh well...you all get it. Happy cruising to all! And, thanks for all of the advice and funny comments from all of you.

I have to admit I am a CC junkie as well...LOL! I will be a new cruiser in just 3 weeks so I'm sure that has something to do with my addiction. :D

Nope. I'm currently planning cruises #9 and #10, have been on these boards for 4 years, and I'm as addicted today as I was all those cruises ago! Once a cruise/CC addict, always an addict....;):D

Good thing you found us......:)

Archived