Bayonne/Traffic/Hotel with Parking

Quo Vadis?

I have read with interest all the posts concerning picking a hotel, using non-hotel websites and the experience of cruisers who have had surprises with extra charges for parking and shuttles once they arrive.

I'll start with thanking the hard working frequent posters who are so helpful in answering the same questions over and over.

We will be arriving by I78 (from West) on Sept 11th for a cruise departing on the 12th.

Stay123 gives a choice of hotels: Wyndham, Fairfield, Comfort for just over $100 for room and 2 week parking.

I looked at Country Inn and Courtyard but both those hotels are near $200.

Which of these hotels (or other) will give us the fewest problems in access and traffic difficulties which seems to be a major NJ headache and stress inducer?

How far are you driving to get to the Newark area? What are your expectations when you arrive - will you have had dinner or do you want to eat? I am assuming that you are 2 people and that you are trying to avoid paying $266 to park at the port.

The best deal out there is the Hilton Gardens on Staten Island for $168 including tax, parking, and shuttle, but no breakfast. You would pay about $10 in tolls to do this. You would have to call the hotel and make sure about the shuttle arrangements. This is about 15-20 minutes more driving.

The next best deal is www.trinityreservations.com for a sleep/park for 14 days at the Fairfield Inn for $106 incl tax + breakfast. You would have to arrange for your own transportation to the port. Last person who posted was quoted $55, which with a $10 tip would be $130, so this option is $236. You could bring this price down if you take a shuttle back to the airport for $15/pp and then the free hotel shuttle back to the hotel.

The Country Inns Sleep/Cruise would be $179 incl tax + breakfast. They charge $35 for 8 days of parking, so figure $65 for 14 days, so the total would be about $245. You would have to call the hotel to confirm how much they would charge for 14 days parking.

Coming in I78 all of these hotels are relatively easy to find. Fairfield Inn is right off of I78 just before the NJ Turnpike (Note: Fairfield Inn is trickier to find coming from the NJ Turnpike and you MUST have printed directions). Country Inns is at exit 13A on the turnpike. For Hilton Gardens you would get on the NJ Turnpike south to exit 13, take the Goethals Bridge to Staten Island (I278), get off at exit 4, and follow the hotel directions. I checked out this hotel this spring and it was easy to find. As we have said before, GPS does not work well in this area so it is important to print out Mapquest directions or directions from the hotel web site.

138 East You're amazing.

Thankyou so much for the quick response.

I guess the Fairfield will be the easiest and we'll use Black Car transportation.

Amazing that Fairfield direct is more than using Trinity.

Trinityreservations always seems to have good deals. Their rate includes 14 days of parking, but if you book the Fairfield directly you often pay more and do not get the parking. I think they buy huge blocks of rooms with parking at these hotels for a great price and then resell them. If you needed just the 14 days of parking and no room, it would still be a great deal just for the parking.

Just found several post concerning cars being damaged while parked at the Cape Liberty cruise port. Is this damage still going on? Why is RCI not warning passengers? Want to use Cape Liberty for cruise but may have to reconsider. Anyone heard of any recent damage?

Just found several post concerning cars being damaged while parked at the Cape Liberty cruise port. Is this damage still going on? Why is RCI not warning passengers? Want to use Cape Liberty for cruise but may have to reconsider. Anyone heard of any recent damage?

There have been no recent reports here of damage, and reportedly steps were taken to prevent damage from happening in the future.

Archived