Yikes, Planning this season & PRICES ARE UP!

bobnsofi

Hi all, as the fantastic Mexican Riviera Cruise Season nears, we are amazed at the current HIGH cabin prices. Seems the total berths are lower this early season, and demand is strong.

Hopefully Disney's arrival will increase the competition,

and how about the overnights in Cabo, YES!

Anyway, the call of the Mexican Riviera snow bird season can be heard in the distance.

Seems no recession in the Mexican Riviera cruise bookings.

Below is a shot of last fall's OUTRAGEOUS opportunities.

Clipboard01-5.jpg

See ya all this season... aboard.

(much preferred to that long walk on a short pier in Santa Cruz below last month)

SantaCruz.jpg

To each his own opinion! I HATE the new overnighting in Cabo and am annoyed that the Spirit is no longer going to Acapulco etc next year.

Yep, Acapulco is great, Sad, but there are a few ships porting for a likely Dec-Feb visit for us (dang Acapulco is too hot & humid anytime else)

IMG_4946a.jpg

The Cabo overnight seems refreshing to us, as the passenger partying into the evening should make for some interesting people watching; and there's the opportunity to rent a car and make a loop visit to La Paz and Todos Santos

IMG_8730b.jpg

Somewhat interesting. We are booked on the Sapphire Princess for Jan 2011 and our prices have all come down fairly significantly over the last several months.

Yep, Sapphire has the best run of the season in January, even ports in Acapulco. We will likely join ya on that one (dang, gotta keep that one quiet, shhh... hoping the price will go down)

IMG_5275.jpg

The Cabo overnight seems refreshing to us, as the passenger partying into the evening should make for some interesting people watching; and there's the opportunity to rent a car and make a loop visit to La Paz and Todos Santos

From what I've heard you have to get back on the ship every evening (I guess just in case it's not possble to tender the next day?). So it's not an overnight but 2 consectutive days in Cabo. I wonder how late are they allowing you to stay in Cabo?

From what I've heard you have to get back on the ship every evening (I guess just in case it's not possble to tender the next day?). So it's not an overnight but 2 consectutive days in Cabo. I wonder how late are they allowing you to stay in Cabo?

You are correct. It is not an overnight just 2 days visits. Our first day we will be in Cabo 9am to 6pm, second day 7am to 6pm... I was really hoping to experience the nightlife but I guess not on a cruise.

They're on the rise, for sure.

Mariner of the Seas sailing for Dec 5th went from $722 for a balcony in May, to $869 currently!

Sheesh... I guess they think the economy is on the rebound.

My wallet says something different! :(

Mariner of the Seas sailing for Dec 5th went from $722 for a balcony in May, to $869 currently!

The Mariner prices going up might be due to them pulling the Mariner out of Mexico soon. People are more likely to want to experience the ship before she goes.

• 3 weeks later...

For those of you, like us, that wait & hope for price drops in this EXPENSIVE MR CRUISE SEASON. Oosterdam just broke from $499 to $399pp for 10/30, 11/6 & 11/13. 10/30 is great because it's before daylight savings, so the sail away is sunny. Our calendar is screaming 11/6. Call Holland direct & get 24 hours to pay(decide). Oosterdam features a bit of an elderly passenger list, and extra tasty food. C-ya on board

Oosterdam below

IMG_1387.jpg

This could be because the Mariner is pulling out of Mexico soon and people want a chance to sail her before she goes. The Sapphire Princess sailing in February to Mexico just went down in price.

You are correct. It is not an overnight just 2 days visits. Our first day we will be in Cabo 9am to 6pm, second day 7am to 6pm... I was really hoping to experience the nightlife but I guess not on a cruise.

Yep, won't be able to experience that night life in Cabo on this cruise. You will have to be back on board the Spirit in the evening. But two full days in Cabo could be fun!

Archived