Best place to meet on the Jade

nhmrm

We are cruising on the Jade in October 17 and have met others in our roll call thread. We plan on doing some tours together and would like to meet up on ship before hand. Does anyone have a suggestion of a good place to meet up on either the first or second night of the cruise? Thanks.

I agree with Turtles that the Star Bar would be a good choice - but you should probably try to not plan your get-togeher for the early evening 7-7:30pm as this is when and where they held the Friends of Dorothy gatherings when we were on Jade in 2008. While I am sure you would have a fabulous time and all my fellow gay cruisers would welcome you to join them, it might get a bit confusing!:D

Another possibility is The Great Outdoors - we did this for our sailaway party on Sun in April and it worked great - bar, food close by, and shade.

Have a great time on Jade, we enjoyed our cruise on her.

I agree with Turtles that the Star Bar would be a good choice - but you should probably try to not plan your get-togeher for the early evening 7-7:30pm as this is when and where they held the Friends of Dorothy gatherings when we were on Jade in 2008. While I am sure you would have a fabulous time and all my fellow gay cruisers would welcome you to join them, it might get a bit confusing!:D

Another possibility is The Great Outdoors - we did this for our sailaway party on Sun in April and it worked great - bar, food close by, and shade.

Have a great time on Jade, we enjoyed our cruise on her.

Clay, you're right, I should have mentioned the Friends of Dorothy gatherings in the Star Bar (still being used for that when we were on the Jade last January).

OP: the times of the FOD gatherings are in the Freestyle Daily, so should be easy for you to avoid during those times if so desired (or, go and make new friends!).

Other possibilities are the various contiguous bar areas in the middle of Deck 6 (but they will be more crowded and noisier than the Star Bar).

I omitted outside venues like the Great Outdoors as I was thinking of the Jade in the Med in January, when that would have been too cold for an evening meet!

Archived