Would you pay to reserve a lounge chair?

frito58

Nope, would not pay for a lounger. It would be nice if the "Deck Patrol" was more pro-active in removing items from saved lounge chairs and then everyone would get an opportunity to enjoy the "prime real estate" near the pool. We prefer to be one deck up where it is quieter.

Slightly off topic but on our cruise on Indy in March we went to the Champage Bar for a pre-dinner drink. There was a little girl sitting on a bar stool while her parents sat on either side of her. There was one seat left at the bar. I commented to the bartender that it would be nice if "children" weren't sitting at the bar so paying customers could sit there. He told us that he said something to the parents earlier in the week and they refused to remove her from the bar stool and proceeded to show up there every night for their before dinner drinks. Maybe RCCL should enforce more of their rules which affect the cruising pleasure of others (ex. saving seats and letting minors sit at the bar) and stop worrying so much about people "sneaking" on a little alcohol, water and soda.

I was reading the chairhog thread , and it got my wife and I to talking and she says , I would pay to reserve a chair by the pool . It would give me a lot of flexibility .

Now we don't spend extra on the fancy dinining rooms or suites , we ususally book an E1 or 2 balcony . She just loves her pool time but likes to leave to each lunch and whatever and she doesn't like getting up at the crack of dawn to get a chair she just wanders out and gets whatever and by then gets a decent place but not near the pool.

Saying this she's pretty tight with a buck, so what she would pay , she was thinking $20 a day. The cruise line would ask for double that if they thought she would pay that.

Any thoughts. :)

Yes I would pay for the sea days only. That is the only time when it gets really bad. I dont like being near the pool. I like one deck up. I love the ports days. Most people are gone and I can get a lounge chair with no hassle. I want them to charge more for the towels and have the staff pick up the towels. I think what bothers me more, is that the RCL staff doesnt pick up the towels, hats, books, magazines left unattanded. Richard:eek:

I believe that those areas are reserved for suite guests only. We are Diamond and know that we cannot sit there because we don't book suites. We witnessed a D+ on Explorer yelling at the attendant because they were not allowed to sit there. He was shouting "I am D+ and you will hear about this!"

Sorry, guy but the rules are the rules.

Lol you were on our cruise. We loved that area...only place we could get a nap. The attendant did a great job taking care of us as she knew we were in a suite that had repair issues. the one afternoon I think going from Bermuda to Nassau this couple gave her hell for not allowing them in this area. they were really ignorant and rude to her. we felt horrible for her. I am not far from D+ and rules are rules but they felt they needed to be broken. were all the suite chairs full everyday, oh no, but they were there for the guests of the suites. several times my cabinmates and I were up in the shade.....but I have to say...I loved having that reserved area for sure. Need to upgrade my next cruise from a Junior suite to a GS to get these perks again.

Archived