Would you pay to reserve a lounge chair?

frito58

I was reading the chairhog thread , and it got my wife and I to talking and she says , I would pay to reserve a chair by the pool . It would give me a lot of flexibility .

Now we don't spend extra on the fancy dinining rooms or suites , we ususally book an E1 or 2 balcony . She just loves her pool time but likes to leave to each lunch and whatever and she doesn't like getting up at the crack of dawn to get a chair she just wanders out and gets whatever and by then gets a decent place but not near the pool.

Saying this she's pretty tight with a buck, so what she would pay , she was thinking $20 a day. The cruise line would ask for double that if they thought she would pay that.

Any thoughts. :)

I agree with some of your desires, for deck chairs, but to reserve in the best spots because of your ability to pay, say $20 a day is ludicrous. I know about chair hogs, but that is RC's fault, not the cruisers who are allowed to do it on some ships, notice I said some ships. As my title says maybe a section of the better areas of the ship but not all, leaving some good deck chairs for us not so well off.

Having said that, I would guess from a TA I know, the pay deck chairs are just around the corner, as well as other free things as well, like the work out spa. I hope not but that may be the trend of all cruise lines like it or not.

As noted on the other thread, I do not see the importance of having a "Prime" lounge chair location as near the pool as possible.

If I want to go in the pool, I drop my stuff in a pile near the pool and go in to cool off or sit on the edge.

If I want to lounge in the sun/shade and read a book, there are numerous locations throughout the ship, IMO, better than near the pool.

Princess has the Sanctuary which is $15/day, giving you the same lounge chair every day in a solarium like area. Haven't tried it myself. Chogs don't have to. Royal was going to have something similar on the Oasis but, wisely, changed their mind.

NO, I would not pay for a lounge chair.

Royal Caribbean needs to change the pool deck, by adding large cubby holes for people to store their towels, flip flops, etc, if all they want to do is go in the pool/hot tubs. This would free up lounge chairs. IMO

Not everyone wants to lay out in the sun. Some people just want to take a dip in the pool or relax in a hot tub. They need a place to put their towels and other stuff, so they put them on a lounge chair, but never use the chair to lay out.

Building a place for them to store their stuff is a better idea than charging people who want to lay out in the sun.

No I wouldn't pay it. We sit above the pool deck and don't require the prime real estate.

A primary reason I am against it is that there are parents of small children that need to be camped out there, close to the pool to keep an eye on their swimmers.

If I want to go in the pool, I drop my stuff in a pile near the pool and go in to cool off or sit on the edge.

Exactly what I do.

Drop my shirt, flip flops in a corner, go sit on the pool ledge, order beer, drink it, jump in pool, repeat numerous times.

I wouldn't pay for a deck chair. Most of them would be empty during the day, meaning that fewer chairs would be available for everyone else. There are plenty of chairs for everyone, as long as people are considerate. I don't think they need to change.

Heck YAH! Hubby would pay 25.00 a day - not me. I'd just make him buy one less bucket of beer per day and all would be good.

LOL thats exactly how she put it. Me, find me a shady spot .:)

And for the person that thinks we are wealthly :rolleyes:

My wifes spending on a cruise consist of 1 soda card thats it , she doesnt drink alcohol , doesnt gamble , the pool is her enjoyment onboard. :)

Short answer - No!

Long answer - if that ever becomes an option - I think that will definitely send me packing unless they are in the same location as the suites reserved area was on Enchantment of the Seas.

Would I pay for a prime real-estate lounge chair...NO, thank you!

I prefer to be away from the pool, in a less crowded area so I could enjoy the quiet and read a good book. Beside I spend extra to enjoy my balcony and I try and get my money's worth. And my next two-coming cruises I was able to get our first (and second) AFT Cabins so you probably won't find us any other place but on those balconies.

Princess has the Sanctuary which is $15/day, giving you the same lounge chair every day in a solarium like area. Haven't tried it myself. Chogs don't have to. Royal was going to have something similar on the Oasis but, wisely, changed their mind.

Saw that we had a Princess cruise booked , end up going to Celebrity. Wish we had stayed on Princess , was on the Summit , hated that ship:(

No, if only because I'm not one to lay out in the sun all day...I kind of like the idea of "cubbies" or similar..

Another thing I was thinking about the other day...there are what, 20-25 maybe 30 chairs tops on either side of the "stadium" seating that's reserved for platinum and above, I believe...what happens when all those are taken? :eek: With the volume of people headed for platinum and beyond, there will come a day when that becomes D/D+...and I can hear the battle cries now!!

Nope, wouldn't even consider it. I'd rather not be right next to the pool though anyways.

I'm not even saying they would have to first row , maybe a nice area blocked off , a cabana boy with a palm leaf to fan you. :p

I've really never found it that hard to find a chair....I get there about 9:30 or 10...don't want to be right next to the pool (it's noisy and crowded like sardines in a can!)....

Nope...don't want to be in the same spot every day anyway!

If I didn't have an 8 year who is a fish, I wouldn't care to have a chair by the pool. I would just find a place to plop my stuff, so I didn't have to run back to the room for everthing. I prefer more quiet out of the way anyway....in the shade. But, while my DD is in the pool, I have to be close by. So, please those of you who "hog" (don't really like that word, but can't think of a better one) the close chairs......please try to be considerate.

No way would be pay to reserve a lounge, but we wouldn't be opposed to a section of the them being set up that way. We would have a problem with all of them being "reserved only" because there would be hours and hours where many or even most of those lounges would be empty and no chance for others to use them during those "off" hours. With chair hogs, at least we can get an attendant to move stuff after a reasonable amount of time.

beachchick

Archived