where to stay in Jacksonville, FL

cblcop

Looking for any advice for pre cruise hotel information. We will have 2 days prior to the cruise that we hope to visit the zoo or other places. Trying to figure out where the best place/location to stay to be centrally located. Thanks for any input

Looking for any advice for pre cruise hotel information. We will have 2 days prior to the cruise that we hope to visit the zoo or other places. Trying to figure out where the best place/location to stay to be centrally located. Thanks for any input

I agree with Sinjan... St. Augustine is amazing! I highly recommend the trolley tour if you are interested in history. It is worth the trip down.

centrally located
That's just not going to happen simply because of the way that Jax is laid out.

If you want to be close to the port and the zoo, then the Holiday Inn Blount Island is a good choice.

If you want to be closer to the Beaches, then there's both a Courtyard and a Hampton Inn near the Monument Rd exit off 9A, about 5 miles south of Jaxport.

If you want to do the touristy thing, then I agree with the St Augustine recommendation.

If you need a place to store your car, look at the Clarion airport. They have a park and cruise package. You can leave your car for up to 14 days with no additional charge.

The airport is not too far from the zoo and Busch Brewery (free tour and 2 beers for persons over 21).

If you do St. Augustine, be sure to eat at the Columbia Restaurant or the Bubble Room on St. George Street.

I was looking at the Omni for A November stay 1 night pre-cruise. Is the area or walking to the Landing safe. I read a recent article about an assault at a bus stop outside the Landing. I'm not concerned about passive panhandling, but violence is another matter. Is the area active in November? Any help or advice would be appreciated

Are there any other hotels near JaxPort that allow you to park your car for FREE while your out at sea??

There are quite a few hotels (most near the airport) that offer a cruise package with shuttles/parking included. (The cruise package does cost more than just the regular room rate for one night, if that is what you mean when you ask about parking your car for FREE while you're out at sea, but it generally includes round trip transportation between the port and hotel, which most would need if leaving their car at the hotel, and generally the cruise package is less than the cost of one night at the hotel and parking at the port.)

Check these out - http://www.visitjacksonville.com/packages/

Holiday Inn Express Blount Island is the closest to the port, but there is not a lot close by. A recent review from a Carnival thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...78&postcount=1

We have cruised from Jacksonville three times and have stayed the night before near the airport (Clarion twice and Microtel once - all good stays - ask for a tower room at the Clarion) - we drove our car and didn't need to make any last minute purchases. There is a shopping center (with a Walmart) between the airport and the cruiseport. http://www.rgpt.com/portfolio/river-city-marketplace/8/

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Jacksonville. One of the best stays we have had while traveling. One night king suite,full cooked breakfast(none of that icky buffet style stuff),7day parking in a secure lot, and transfer to the port for less than $190. Plus they have the amazing Ruth's chris steakhouse onsite. Their hospitality manager even personally met us upon our arrival A+ place.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived