What does it mean to be on a "waiting list" for dining?

wintim

We booked the Liberty last week and our TA said that no dining times are available for dinner and we are on a "waiting list." Does anyone know what this means? Does it mean that we will have to eat at the buffet every night? If so, that would be a bummer. How do we deal with this when we get on the ship?

Also, we don't have an assigned room. Will that happen before the cruise or will it be assigned when we get to the port?

Any suggestions, advice?

Since you booked last minute your preferred dining time may not be available. They will assign you to the other time and put you on a wait list for your original choice. When you get your Sign & Sail card at check in it will list your time and table.

If it's not the time you wanted go to the Maitre d' immediately upon boarding and see if he can help. Just ask one of the staff at boarding where the Maitre d' is for this assistance.

You may also be in a guaranteed cabin. You'll get the cabin category but the location may not be assigned until the very, very last minute. The porters dockside will have a manifest with cabin assignments and luggage tags for you.

Charlie

A lot of times after the first nite, a lot of people change their times. I always just pick late dining. A lot of people with kids change it back to early. Sometmes on the first day, there is a long line changing it. I would say you should have no problem changing.

True, you can pretty much always get late dining, since its the least liked of the choices it seems.

Platinum will get whatever they choose, and then the rest of the pax will be assigned before the cruise. My last cruise, last minute, my card read "see maitre d' " .. never saw that before :D

Being wait listed for dining means practically nothing on a Carnival sailing. Even when dining times have been confirmed, often that will be changed when you board. Being a Platinum guest, I have guaranteed dining times, but have found that when boarding, my dining time has been changed. I have to go see the maitre'd to restore my preferred dining time. I suggest that you do the same if your dining time is not to your liking; and no, you will not have to eat at the buffet, lol. Your cabin assignment may in fact be assigned so late that you won't know 'til you get to the pier. See the baggage attendant upon arrival; he has a passenger manifest.

Archived