Live...Live....Live from the Oasis 8/28/10 with Merion Mom

It was hot, and heat just sucks the energy and let's-go-do-that out of you, so when we returned to the ship, we just weren't revved up for action, or even for food.

We needed to rejuvenate.

So what did we do?

Did we go to the gym?

Did we go to the spa?

Did we jumpt in the pool?

Did we stroll through Central Park?

No, being almost a Jersey Girl (no, not really, but I wanted to work in an Atlantic City allusion), we went to the Boardwalk!!!!

2660331290077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

So, since we were not that hungry, after photographing ourselves multiple times with Balloon Boy, we ate corndogs. And doughnuts.

And went on the Carousel.

The Boardwalk was pretty deserted. Johnny Rockets and Seafood Shack seemed empty; no one in Pinwheels, Candy Beach or Pets at Sea. Just a couple of cute little Brazilian girls who ran up to the Carousel as we got on, so we had company.

I rode a bunny, which has long been a burning ambition of mine.

Lorna rode in stately style on the peacock.

We also tried to figure out where the webcam is on the Boardwalk and apparently we succeeded, because Bill said that he saw us.

As we left the Boardwalk and re-entered the ship proper, the first thing we encountered was the photo shop. Lorna had stolen, er, purchased the good boarding photo, so I used one of the computer terminal/kiosks to order a copy for myself.

Then we made an executive decision.

We hadn't eaten in the MDR yet. Tonight's the night.

So, we toddled along and down to Deck 3. We walked over to Table 223, and there were two lovely couples engaged in conversation.

So we turned and left, happy that our abandoned tablemates had found new friends to share their dining experiences. :D

Having formed the idea of dinner, we now wanted some.

But we weren't "that" hungry.

AHA!

Vintages!

TAPAS!!!!!

DELICIOUS. Great service, although they ran out of chicken, so Lorna ended up having crab croquettes and ...................... crab croquettes.

Yes, and he is very good.

The bagpiper is playing all the time, too. Basically, he has been playing in the pub instead of jimmy blakemore, until mid-week. We hope to finally get to see Jimmy tonight.

Thanks so much for letting me know Pedro is still there. For anyone going on Oasis soon, he is a "do not miss"

Anne

It was hot, and heat just sucks the energy and let's-go-do-that out of you, so when we returned to the ship, we just weren't revved up for action, or even for food.

We needed to rejuvenate.

So what did we do?

Did we go to the gym?

Did we go to the spa?

No, being almost a Jersey Girl (no, not really, but I wanted to work in an Atlantic City allusion), we went to the Boardwalk!!!!

Priceless !!!! Glad you're have such a good time Carol.

mimi

I set aside a nice chunk of time last night to post here......and the internet was down for hours and hours.

Funny story: I went up to the CL to go online, as usual.

Now, there are two terminals there.

Since Day 1, one of the computers hasn't worked. It just constantly wants to reboot itself. It doesn't do that, but it won't procede, either.

The other computer has worked just fine; connection speed has been decent,too.

Last night, I went to check my email.

The keyboard's "a" wouldn't work -couldn't access my email without an "a" ;)

So, I said to myself, Crol, just sign on to CC - after all, there's no "a" in Merion Mom.

Guess what?

The "n" didn't work either!!!!

Then I went in search of one of the little internet nooks on board. That's when I discovered that the whole internet was unavailable anyway. (even from the cabin, which is where I am now. Lorna JUST woke up) It took half an hour to get online this morning.

Everyone ready for more?

That same PC was doing that back in May when we were on it. Cannot believe that they have not taken care of that by now.

We have come to the same conclusion, that a B2B is the only way to do the Oasis/Allure. We would set it up so that the western week is the first leg, 'cuz we pretty much don't like those ports, and would hardly spend any time on land. The second week would be the Eastern leg and there it would be like a TA, time to spend some time off the ship, on SXM and St. Thomas.

We have just made an important scientific discovery.

(Towel) Elephants cannot fly.

Ours was on the so-called coffee table, which is where our Cabin Dude puts our towel animals, and we put our Cruise Compasses. I needed a CC to remember what we were doing on Day 5. :D The Elephant just had to get out of the way.

He is now SPLAT on the floor.

Oops.

And you KNOW that elephant won't forget that !! :p

We needed to rejuvenate.

So what did we do?

Did we go to the gym?

Did we go to the spa?

What a wonderful picture ! :)

Great thread I'm enjoying it so much. Thanks Carol.

BTW I would make the PERFECT room mate.:D

No I would make the perfect room mate:D:cool: (Merion_Mom thinking, who the heck is that),,,,, like a Christmas card you have been recieving for years and have no idea who they are!

I think a contest is in order! Pick me! Pick me!

We have come to the same conclusion, that a B2B is the only way to do the Oasis/Allure. We would set it up so that the western week is the first leg, 'cuz we pretty much don't like those ports, and would hardly spend any time on land. The second week would be the Eastern leg and there it would be like a TA, time to spend some time off the ship, on SXM and St. Thomas.

I totally agree. I had a b2b on the Oasis ( Sat ) booked for next year, then I switched to go on the Oasis and then stay in FLL one night and board the Allure ( Sun) for the next leg. I thought this would be pretty neat. The only problem with this is, they do not exchange Eastern and Western. I might switch back to a true b2b. We really don't care about the carib ports anymore, but it would have added a bit extra to it. Anyone else thought of doing this?

Thank you for doing this! I love LIVE (uhhhh having a moment where I can't think of the word I'm looking for here...) things...every time someone does one I feel like I'm getting to enjoy the ship already!! By the time I get there at the end of the month I won't feel so overwhelmed.

I do have on question..have you hit the gym at all? We usually do it every morning then have breakfast....just curious how this one is. Enjoy!!!! and keep it coming!! I'm sitting at work staring at my screen waiting for another post!! :p

Thanks Carol...I've enjoyed your cruise along with you and dirtgirl.

I would have loved to been sitting in the theater for the Captains Q & A. I'm sure you'll be talking about that for a long time.:p

Hope you have a wonderful evening. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

Are you flyng to CA and boarding the Mariner this Sunday?:cool:

Thanks for the posting. I enjoy reading about your cruises.

Was your stateroom a 'bed by balcony' or 'bed by bath'? Which would you recommend since you say the cabins are more 'cramped' than the cabins on the Freedom or Voyager classes?

Thanks for the posting. I enjoy reading about your cruises.

Was your stateroom a 'bed by balcony' or 'bed by bath'? Which would you recommend since you say the cabins are more 'cramped' than the cabins on the Freedom or Voyager classes?

is there any rhyme or reason to which cabins have the bed/balcony or closet?:confused:

Archived