Live...Live....Live from the Oasis 8/28/10 with Merion Mom

We're doing our first B2B on Allure in March. We picked the first week (Eastern) because friends had already booked that week, then decided to tack on the second week and stay in the same cabin. I think it will be heaven not to have to go home that first Saturday!

We've done most of those islands, too, except for St. Maarten and Falmouth, Jamaica. We usually just get off the ship for a few hours anyway; we don't like all day excursions. We may or may not get off the ship at all -- maybe just to walk around a little bit at each port. Of course, we'll go to Labadee!! Need a beach day!

is there any rhyme or reason to which cabins have the bed/balcony or closet?:confused:

The Oasis class and Celebrity S class are a lot closer in design theory and execution then the company wants to let on.

On the Solstice, the two positions alternate. The cabin is wider at the point of the bed so this allows less overall width for every grouping of two cabins.

How were the seas due to hurricane Earl? Were you able to dock at the ports since the itenerary change? I have not seen any posts fron anyone back yet from their changed ports. Will be interested to see how crowded it was with all the ships in the gulf of Mexico.

Thanks for the posting. I enjoy reading about your cruises.

Was your stateroom a 'bed by balcony' or 'bed by bath'? Which would you recommend since you say the cabins are more 'cramped' than the cabins on the Freedom or Voyager classes?

Forgive me for stepping in here as I know you were asking Carol's advice, but I have answered this question before, so I cut-and-pasted my answer here for you in hopes it would help...

Honestly, there are pros and cons to both bed arrangements. And in my opinion, non of the "cons" are bad enough to worry about. I've been in both set ups and saw no true issues with either. I personally prefer the bed by bath.

Bed by bath

Oasis_Ocean_Balcony_3326.JPGOasis_Boardwalk_View_3593.JPGOasis_Boardwalk_Balcony_Cabin_3198.JPG

pros:

"living" area right next to balcony makes it nice for outdoor entertaining and makes "living" area and balcony area seem like one big space.

cons:

Hard to access one side of closet.

smaller "dressing" area near bathroom/closet.

Bed by balcony

Oasis-of-the-Seas-Boardwalk-Balcony-picture-300x225.jpg

Oasis-of-the-Seas-Boardwalk-Balcony-stateroom-picture-300x225.jpg

pros:

Cabin/bathroom/dressing area feels larger.

cons:

Access to balcony feels a little cramped since you have to walk around the foot of the bed to get in and out.

Cabin/balcony feels a bit compartmentalized.

One side of closet is hard to access.

Carol just want to say thanks for taking the time to share part of your Oasis cruise with us... I enjoyed reading your posts and especially love you and the 'Balloon boy' photo. :)

1 more month for me..B2B :) safe travels to you....

You are just wrong, MLevine, whoever you are.

It is not a requirement that one be in a suite in order to have a lounge chair on the balcony.

All that one needs is a balcony large enough to accommodate a lounger.

If you don't want one, feel free to do without.

I have a large balcony, and I want a lounge chair.

Pretty simple.

Capt. johnny says BRAVO, sometimes things must be said and said well and to the point. NICE...:cool:

The OP said she went to Guest Services and complained that her steward wouldn't bring her a chair (giving her cabin number so that she could get her chair - don't you think they track the attendants who receive complaints of any kind?). Another poster said it took ten dollars to get one. The posts speak for themselves. They are not "far out".

I understand the disappointment of booking a large balcony and not having the furniture that you think you should have, and I thank the other poster who politely explained that. I also understand the simple mechanics of opening a balcony divider. But I do not understand the concept of having additional lounge chairs "brought up" on a one week cruise and on a ship with 6,000 people just because you are "traveling with friends".

Please, this post is celebrating their cruise, you somehow have landed on the wrong thread. Please turn your computer off, then turn it back on again, this should help. I am enjoying every minute of this post and have my D1 reserved on Oasis. Please let everyone else enjoy their reports on the orgasmic food offerings and when and how a ship this big farts.... I'm still laughing.:eek:

We are utterly convinced that a B2B is the way to go on Oasis/Allure.

That's why I booked the Allure B2B for next August.

WHO WANTS TO BE MY CABINMATE?!?!?!?!? :)

Sorry girls, Merion Mom will most likely want me to go along next August. I haven't cruised but a few times so she will be excited to show me all the wonderful things about the ship. I can take vacation with short notice and with enough time for a B2B. I have no qualms about using my savings for the trip, and I'm a people person. Most importantly, I can reach things for her.:p

Now I shall go wait by my phone.....

Please, this post is celebrating their cruise, you somehow have landed on the wrong thread. Please turn your computer off, then turn it back on again, this should help. I am enjoying every minute of this post and have my D1 reserved on Oasis. Please let everyone else enjoy their reports on the orgasmic food offerings and when and how a ship this big farts.... I'm still laughing.:eek:

HEAR HEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry girls, Merion Mom will most likely want me to go along next August. I haven't cruised but a few times so she will be excited to show me all the wonderful things about the ship. I can take vacation with short notice and with enough time for a B2B. I have no qualms about using my savings for the trip, and I'm a people person. Most importantly, I can reach things for her.:p

Now I shall go wait by my phone.....

I thought Carol was going to foot the bill ?? :rolleyes: :D

The Oasis class and Celebrity S class are a lot closer in design theory and execution then the company wants to let on.

On the Solstice, the two positions alternate. The cabin is wider at the point of the bed so this allows less overall width for every grouping of two cabins.

I noticed that. The Solstice was the first thing I thought of when I saw the room pictures. Do the adjoining rooms connect at the doorways like Solstice, rather than an interior door?

I noticed that. The Solstice was the first thing I thought of when I saw the room pictures. Do the adjoining rooms connect at the doorways like Solstice, rather than an interior door?

I meant to take a picture of the hall doorways but as we are not used to the shorter cruises now, never got around to it.

Each set of cabins have an indented set of doorways facing the hallway.This allows for the extra length of the showers in the long skinny bathroom.

2824803200096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

2971645160096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

I meant to take a picture of the hall doorways but as we are not used to the shorter cruises now, never got around to it.

Each set of cabins have an indented set of doorways facing the hallway.This allows for the extra length of the showers in the long skinny bathroom.

2824803200096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

2971645160096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

What cabin Category is this bathroom from???

Archived