Live...Live....Live from the Oasis 8/28/10 with Merion Mom

the S Class sinks are pretty but not very practical for washing out bathing suits etc.. very splashy--

& the toilet paper roll is hard to reach!

Other than that--S class ships are great--very modern & just the right size!

the S Class sinks are pretty but not very practical for washing out bathing suits etc.. very splashy--

& the toilet paper roll is hard to reach!

Other than that--S class ships are great--very modern & just the right size!

Yes, the sinks are good looking, but the water splashes all over the floor.

And the tp rolls always fall off the holder, even in the public bathrooms, and roll from stall to stall.:D

We are utterly convinced that a B2B is the way to go on Oasis/Allure.

That's why I booked the Allure B2B for next August.

WHO WANTS TO BE MY CABINMATE?!?!?!?!? :)

Hi Carol!!!

If you book it for the first week of August (students return from summer break the 2nd week of August), I can go wit' cha! (and Lorna, and Mary and Cindy, and...)

Ally

P.S. After this original post, I noticed someone else beat me to the punch:o...happy sailing! I would only be able to do a week anyway.:)

We are utterly convinced that a B2B is the way to go on Oasis/Allure.

That's why I booked the Allure B2B for next August.

WHO WANTS TO BE MY CABINMATE?!?!?!?!? :)

Sue said she would join you!!!

I guess that leaves me and the boys to cruise on our own!!!!

Thanks Bonnie, something to look forward to ;)

Hi Jill!!!

Reyno went off on holiday, as we boarded, so I was unable to ask when he will return. Funny thing: We asked the current Concierge if Reyno was still on board. He responded that he was sure Reyno was gone because it was SO QUIET in the CL! ... Hmmm ... I guess Reyno makes his presence known. ~ L

Hi Jill!!!

Reyno went off on holiday, as we boarded, so I was unable to ask when he will return. Funny thing: We asked the current Concierge if Reyno was still on board. He responded that he was sure Reyno was gone because it was SO QUIET in the CL! ... Hmmm ... I guess Reyno makes his presence known. ~ L

Hi Lorna sounds like you had a great time onboard, if Reyno is on hols who is the concierge in there now.

Hi Jill!!!

Thanks Lorna for remembering ;), appreciate it...

I think she is going to be on the Mariner this week.

Gary

WOW....a cruise on the east coast and then fly to the west coast for another the very next day! Now thats a real die hard cruiser!!! ;) :rolleyes: :p

When I grow up I wanna be just like Carol!!!!!! :D

Carol...you go girl!!!

WOW....a cruise on the east coast and then fly to the west coast for another the very next day! Now thats a real die hard cruiser!!! ;) :rolleyes: :p

When I grow up I wanna be just like Carol!!!!!! :D

Carol...you go girl!!!

Wow, I mistakenly thought they were both in the same port and all Carol would have to do was go off one and onto another. I agree, she IS a die hard cruiser and now we should expect a LIVE.. LIVE..LIVE from the Mariner from MerionMom thread!! We will settle for nothing less. Unlike other "LIVE" threads Carol's go on and on because we don't want to let it go ;)

LOL, we sailed with Fernando on Mariner but not Ricardo :D

Ricardo was delightful as our concierge in the DL and went above and beyond to help us with a few things on Oasis. I would be delighted to have him as my concierge again in the future. We were also assisted by the Concierge in the CL on one occasion, but I did not catch his name. I guess it must have been Fernando. Both gentlemen were highly professional and an asset to RCCL.

Ricardo was delightful as our concierge in the DL and went above and beyond to help us with a few things on Oasis. I would be delighted to have him as my concierge again in the future. We were also assisted by the Concierge in the CL on one occasion, but I did not catch his name. I guess it must have been Fernando. Both gentlemen were highly professional and an asset to RCCL.

If he was Blonde his name is Reyno, if dark hair it would have been Fernando...

Looking forward to sailing with Ricardo :p

Sorry - I'm about five pages behind on YOUR posts, because internet was VERY problematic for the last day and a half of the cruise. I'll catch up soon, I promise.

I just had a couple of thoughts I wanted to throw up here.

1. I had posted that the drinks on the Rising Tide bar were expensive. I went back and checked my slip, and I misinterpreted. Same price as elsewhere, and not particularly expensive. I had a pear melon martini, and it was $8. Normal price, and way cheaper than what I would pay back home in Philadelphia at a nice place.

2. Disembarkation was a mess because the luggage wasn't offloaded quickly enough. Hundreds of people had to sit down in chairs in the terminal until they announced that bags were now available. (and we waited until 9:30 to get off). The problem with that is that there is then a huge logjam of people going through customs at once, instead of a slow steady stream. And ONE line open for U.S. passengers!

GREAT CRUISE, and I will be back with more "real posts" after the Meet and Mingle. Wish me luck on breaking my streak of NEVER winning anything at a M 'n' M!!!!!

Archived