Live...Live....Live from the Oasis 8/28/10 with Merion Mom

Thanks for posting your review and pics. It's very entertaining and I can hardly wait until next week when I get to see the Oasis for myself.

Question...I have heard that there is some sort of wall vendoring machine of sorts (that is possibly outside the dining room) where you can swipe your seapass card and try various 1 ounce measures of wine.:p

Is this true? Did you happen to see this? Any picture?

If this is indeed the case, please provide as many details as possible as I may have my new hangout. :D

It would be like going on a tour to a winery without having to go too far.;)

Does the machine automatically add a 15% gratuity for dispensing the wine??

Did you get caught in the rain at the Aqua show? we went at 9PM and had to stand in the back because of the rain. great photos. You should see how little room there is when the sofa bed is opened (between the sofa bed and the desk).

The only rain we experienced was because one of the guys in the show kept kicking water on the cute girl in front of us, in the bleacher seats, and she had the audacity to duck a couple of times. :eek:

Thanks for posting your review and pics. It's very entertaining and I can hardly wait until next week when I get to see the Oasis for myself.

Question...I have heard that there is some sort of wall vendoring machine of sorts (that is possibly outside the dining room) where you can swipe your seapass card and try various 1 ounce measures of wine.:p

If this is indeed the case, please provide as many details as possible as I may have my new hangout. :D

I've heard of these on Solstice class ships, and understand that they are bringing them to other Celebrity ships, but I didn't see anything like that on Oasis. We entered the MDR on both 3 and 5 ... since 4 is where breakfast and lunch are served, perhaps that's one of the things I missed. :confused:

I've heard of these on Solstice class ships, and understand that they are bringing them to other Celebrity ships, but I didn't see anything like that on Oasis. We entered the MDR on both 3 and 5 ... since 4 is where breakfast and lunch are served, perhaps that's one of the things I missed. :confused:

They did have these wine dispensing machines on the Oasis inaugural.... they were on deck 4 & 5 as you enter the dining rooms. They are enomatic wine dispensing machines and you swipe your seapass for a serving of wine to taste..kine of a self serve wine tasting.

P1010553.JPG

<<edit>> - How was the design of the toilet paper holder in the bathrooms? This is a problem on the S class and leads to tp rolls scooting around the public restrooms on the floor.:):eek::)

No problems there. :)

Question...I have heard that there is some sort of wall vendoring machine of sorts (that is possibly outside the dining room) where you can swipe your seapass card and try various 1 ounce measures of wine.

I didn't see it, but I'm glad that Emmy did and posted a picture!

Did you get caught in the rain at the Aqua show? we went at 9PM and had to stand in the back because of the rain. great photos. You should see how little room there is when the sofa bed is opened (between the sofa bed and the desk).

Nope - the seats had gotten wet, but because they are mesh, they dry very fast.

I had booked this cabin originally for me and my kids. Then I was thinking "get two friends". I am SO glad that it was just Lorna and myself. I cannot IMAGINE that cabin with Mom and two adult children! <shudder>

Keep em coming Carol. I'm loving it, and getting amped for my Oasis cruise.

I notice the rooms are set up exactly like Solstice. Hmmmm. Makes me wonder about the rumor of RCI's next class of ships.

Given the debt burden, I wouldn't be surprised if the next ship is:

Toy-Boat.jpg

2499717890077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2402847670077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2043830360077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2936062000077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2517427410077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

Did I mention that a handsome, lithe young man came and sat next to me in the front row? (I love getting there early and sitting in the front row at the ice show)

After the show, he asked me how I liked it. (a bit odd, I thought) I told him that I LOVED it. Then he told me that he had just come on board and was in the new cast, starting next week! :)

Archived