Live...Live....Live from the Oasis 8/28/10 with Merion Mom

Giovanni's Table for lunch:

2897074510077959744S600x600Q85.jpg (seafood linguini)

2053864910077959744S600x600Q85.jpg (stuffed chicken)

2232801230077959744S600x600Q85.jpg (steak and frites and broccolini)

2936451470077959744S600x600Q85.jpg (I am drooling just remembering this dessert!)

2878747980077959744S600x600Q85.jpg (tiramisu)

And this lunch was just $10 pp!!!!!

We love Cecelia!!!!!!

2264443550077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

I've been lurking and enjoying every post in this thread and a couple other threads over the course of the last couple weeks (Trainman-2 and Radio). I've had so much fun living vicariously through Carol, Jim, Mark and the folks traveling w/them. Thank you all for making the time I spend on my laptop so enjoyable.

Tonight I realized that I'm in great company with a lot of folks with whom I shared the Liberty pre-inaugural. You know who you are. :D

Cathy

Carol, there are a lot of great pictures of the ice show in this thread. That is the most difficult thing to photograph on the ship due to the speed of the skaters and the constantly moving and changing lighting. Having a seat in the first row of the end zone doesn't hurt, either.

Were the beds at the Hilton hard or soft. I have memory foam on my bed at home because I need a soft bed beccause a hard bed makes my back hurt. Also, you said the beds on the ship were comfortable, were they hard or soft? I know it really doesn't matter since I alreday have this booked but I would still like to know. Thank you.

They did have these wine dispensing machines on the Oasis inaugural.... they were on deck 4 & 5 as you enter the dining rooms. They are enomatic wine dispensing machines and you swipe your seapass for a serving of wine to taste..kine of a self serve wine tasting.

P1010553.JPG

Thanks, Emmy! As I said, we didn't go in the MDR on Deck 4 and when we did on Deck 5, we were whisked through MTD to our table. Dang ... sorry I missed that (although we were toting our Diamond Plus wine, so we probably wouldn't have used it, anyway).

See ... just another reason to go back!!! :D

The famous Laundry Lady:

Yes, hundreds of people can see your balcony - it's on the BOARDWALK!!!!!! (and right next to the Concierge Lounge)

2529064860077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2361959160077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

EVERY day there was new underwear hanging there! :eek:

Gosh, it looks like the SAME underwear there! :rolleyes: Maybe she only packed 2 sets or ... worse! :eek:

Were the beds at the Hilton hard or soft. I have memory foam on my bed at home because I need a soft bed beccause a hard bed makes my back hurt. Also, you said the beds on the ship were comfortable, were they hard or soft? I know it really doesn't matter since I alreday have this booked but I would still like to know. Thank you.

The beds at the Hilton were divine!!! (soft) If I had room in my suitcase, I would have stolen the mattress to take home ... but, alas, I only packed a carry-on! :(

Same w/ the beds on the ship (also soft, but not too soft), but I don't prefer to sleep in a twin bed at home. ;)

Gosh, it looks like the SAME underwear there! :rolleyes: Maybe she only packed 2 sets or ... worse! :eek:

Their luggage didn't make it:eek:;)

Thank you Carol for doing this. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the thread and seeing your photos. We have booked two cruises with one day in between each sailing on Oasis and Allure for December 2011. I have booked the same cabin on each ship so we don't waste time on Allure finding our way around, smart move I think:D.

What do they do at the aquatheater when they are not doing shows? Is there a water show or something? From http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/OA_Showtimes-at-a-Glance_AltRev2.pdf the showtimes they only have shows the 1st 3 days. Just asking why some many are interested in the aquatheater suites and rooms with views if it is only active 3 nights.

thanks

What do they do at the aquatheater when they are not doing shows? Is there a water show or something? From http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/OA_Showtimes-at-a-Glance_AltRev2.pdf the showtimes they only have shows the 1st 3 days. Just asking why some many are interested in the aquatheater suites and rooms with views if it is only active 3 nights.

thanks

They practice during the day sometimes. They have water fountains shows (to music). They have a Splish Splash comedy acqua show during the week. At night they sometimes showed kids movies and the last night they showed one of the Twilight movies. Might even be more things that I can't remember. oh, they did the belly flop contest there and maybe sexy legs.

They did have these wine dispensing machines on the Oasis inaugural.... they were on deck 4 & 5 as you enter the dining rooms. They are enomatic wine dispensing machines and you swipe your seapass for a serving of wine to taste..kine of a self serve wine tasting.

P1010553.JPG

Thanks so much for the picture. I can hardly wait to try the different wines that they have to offer. Do you remember the cost per shot and was it per ounce?

We were on deck 4 of the dining room and I'm pretty sure the wine dispensers were not working during our trip.

Gasp!!!!!:eek: I hope this isn't the case when I sail in a week.

The famous Laundry Lady:

Yes, hundreds of people can see your balcony - it's on the BOARDWALK!!!!!! (and right next to the Concierge Lounge)

2529064860077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

2361959160077959744S600x600Q85.jpg

EVERY day there was new underwear hanging there! :eek:

Oh my..................what were they thinking??????:eek::eek:

Ummmm..........we did once.

See post #482. :D :D

Uh Oh! Why don't I remember that? :confused:

PS: My post #482 is the "out of memory" photo ... unless that is the answer! :rolleyes: ;)

Whatever ... I'm thinking that we just didn't spend enough time in the CL! :D

Archived