Live...Live....Live from the Oasis 8/28/10 with Merion Mom

I need tech help.

I have photos to upload so I can post them here.

LL brought her netbook, but we can't get my pics on there.

HELP! What can I do to be able to post?

Hi Carol, thanks for posting live, really enjoying it. It will make our time go faster for our b2b in Oct.

Now for downloading your pictures, I use a Netbook Acer Aspire One, if that is what you are using there are 2 slots for card readers. If your card is an SD just put it in the left hand slot and go to my computer, you will see a folder for the SD card that was inserted. Create a new folder on the Desktop to receive the pictures then just copy them to the new folder.

Hope this is what you have and that it works.

Let us know what kind of card the camera has.

Suz

you are my hero.;)

We had a similar situation on the Inaugural cruise of Mariner. We were in an aft cabin with an enormous balcony, but only two small chairs. Our room steward told us he couldn't get us loungers (to give him the benefit of the doubt, he may have been new and inexperienced). My wife mentioned the lack of lounge chairs to the concierge who told us that all we needed to do was ask our room steward. We said we had done so, she asked what he replied. When we told her "He said no", she said with an incredulous look on her face: "He said what???". Half an hour later two lounge chairs were delivered to our room.:D

...>>>snip<<< Now for downloading your pictures, I use a Netbook Acer Aspire One, if that is what you are using there are 2 slots for card readers. If your card is an SD just put it in the left hand slot and go to my computer, you will see a folder for the SD card that was inserted. Create a new folder on the Desktop to receive the pictures then just copy them to the new folder.

Hope this is what you have and that it works.

Let us know what kind of card the camera has.

Suz

How 'bout that, my Lenovo netbook has a plastic cover over a slot in the front that I never noticed; I just pulled the plastic cover out and lo and behold, an SD card slot..

Will wonders never cease... or , when all else fails, read the manual. :o:o

We've never heard of a sock diffuser until now!

If the hair dryer is low volume to begin with I can't

imagine it would work well with a sock diffuser...

we'll just pack her dryer and make life simple and happy happy :D

If you want more power, I think that is a wise decision.

My hair works best if it is not 100% dry and sometimes I do not even use a hair dryer.

I swear I posted an answer about putting the pictures on Lorna's computer, but can't find it now. Anyway, if there isn't an slot for camera cards, then you'll need either your camera's cord or go to the store onboard and get a universal card reader with a USB plug. I'm sure they have them; it was quite well supplied last year. I'm sure it'll be more expensive than at Target (I paid $12.99 for one), but you're pretty captive...

We had a D-1 on the Explorer of the Seas with the sofa bed, and it fit two small 14year olds, but little room to walk around. Is the D-1 on the Oasis smaller than the cabin on the EOS? The EOS bacony was small too. It would not fit two lounge chairs on it. Are thr freedom class cabins larger?

Hi Carol great live posting we board Oasis on 18th Sept so you are just stoking the fires with excitement, watched her sail in on Sat then out again in the eve, she looks great, could you also say hi to LL(Lorna) for us, we did a TA with her on Indy last year and had a great time, hope you get the photo's sorted.

Also order the orange sherbet, which comes with a ladyfinger cookie, and you get an even better photo! (I have it; just didn't have quite enough "brass" to post it!)

My teens ordered the sherbet with cookie once; it made for a lively evening and much picture-taking.

Thank you for your quick reply!!!

I read the internet minutes are so expensive! Is it slow? If we pay for 1 hour an it takes a long time to connect and to send email, then we'll be wasting our money?

Looking forward to your reply on the motion sickness!

Are you able to share what stateroom number you're in?

With thanks! :)

I think that is why the OP stated that questions were fine but asked us on one of her previous posts not to clutter up this this thread with a lot of posts that she would have to wade through.

Try not to add *too many* posts - I'll have to wade through them to start posting again.

Carol I kind of remember when you booked this cruise you were going to take your son or was it the other way around LOL. Love the live review it is refreshing to read your posts and comments puts a smile on my face..I could only imagine what the look looks like :-)

Looking forward to reading the rest of it.

Carol, you're writing on LL's Netbook? Do you have a cable to attach your camera to the Netbook? If not I'm afraid you're stumped. Are your pics on a camera or a cell phone? If on a cell phone you could upload to something like Facebook and then link to the pics there.

We have the cable, and the camera recognizes the computer, but the computer doesn't recognize the camera. We think that we need the camera software installed on the computer, but the computer, being a netbook, doesn't have a disk drive.

Thank you so much for the live post. We board next Saturday (pending nothing is seriously wrong w/the ship). I just read about something going on w/a loud noise and explosion at the stacks or something. Please keep us posted and I hope you are having a wonderful time...it sounds like you are!

We have the cable, and the camera recognizes the computer, but the computer doesn't recognize the camera. We think that we need the camera software installed on the computer, but the computer, being a netbook, doesn't have a disk drive.

Try this if you have a flash drive...If you can find someone with a disk drive download to the flash drive, then plug the flash drive into the netbook. Another option is to see if you can download the software from the camera manufactures website. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the live posts.

Thanks so much for the "live" review. I am so enjoying it! We will be sailing in November. It will be our first cruise as D+. Can you tell me a little about the CL lounge. Is is the same as the D lounge on Freedom Class ships? What are some of the coupons in the D+ book?

I hope you are enjoying your cruise even with the change in itenerary!!

P.S. where and when were the Mimosas served???

Hey Paul and Rose!!

The Concierge Lounge on the Oasis blows everything else out of the water.

It is elegant, large, well-laid out, lots of light and windows, always several personnel to attend to your every need, served breakfast, served lunch (full menus).

Another plus: We came to the CL around 5:15 yesterday, because we wanted to use the computers before relaxing with cocktails. The waiters were already circulating and serving. It never got crowded, the waiters returned often with an offer of another drink. You know how the hot hors d'oeuvres are sort of a rotating list? There are six or seven, and each night they serve two or three? Well, in the Oasis CL, they serve all of them all of the time. Plus the usual cold ones: brie on black bread, egg salad-y stuff, other stuff on bread, a cheese plate, a fruit platter. Very impressive, and really a sign of RC stepping up to the plate to make the experience for Suite Guests worth the extra bucks. Diamond Plus members should just feel grateful that we are allowed to share in this privilege - at least for the time being. ;)

Thank you for your quick reply!!!

I read the internet minutes are so expensive! Is it slow? If we pay for 1 hour an it takes a long time to connect and to send email, then we'll be wasting our money?

Looking forward to your reply on the motion sickness!

Are you able to share what stateroom number you're in?

With thanks! :)

(knock on formica) the internet is running quite quickly right now.

Archived