Live...Live....Live from the Oasis 8/28/10 with Merion Mom

Who are your concierges in the CL? I think that Julian Quierco is supposed to be one. He was our Concierge on Enchantment a few years ago and he is fabulous.

Ricardo (Mock) and Fernando (Ugalde).

No, it's not Julian.

We haven't been to the Diamond Lounge, so we haven't found out who's in there.

No, it's a not-new Dell.

I'm going to try to download drivers from the internet later tonight.

Carol, A Card Reader still may be an option for you all as a couple of us have suggested. You are correct you need the software on the Comp so it recognizes that camera. Best of luck and keep Lorna out of trouble.

So, after Chops on Saturday night, we went to the Aqua Theatre for Oasis of Dreams. We got there early, and sat in the front row.

No, not in the Splash Zone - the first row of CHAIRS. It had just rained, but the seats are mesh, and the water flows straight through and then the seats dry very quickly.

The show was A MA ZING.

I have fantastic pictures, which I will try to post soon.

This is certainly a DO-NOT-MISS.

Then we went to Dazzles, the normal people's nightclub. That's where Lorna, Carol (dirtgirl) and I danced up a storm to Motown tunes. Good times. (don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.)

We had met DJ Ron the first afternoon in the CL - he was helping out by booking entertainment for guests - and he had urged us to attend, and we went. He is so cute - like most of RC's employees!

Thus ENDS DAY 1.

Day 2.

Extended day in Nassau. As part of the hurricane-altered itinerary, the hours in port were 7 to 5 instead of to 2 p.m.

We opted to stay on board.

Skipped breakfast and went to trivia in the Schooner Bar. We won because we were the only ones there. A couple showed up about halfway through, but Lorna KILLS at Tri-Bond Trivia. I mean, she is SCARY good.

Key chain!

We then went to the Future Cruise Consultant/Loyalty Ambassador for our half hour appointment.

Two hours later, we left her. (she loved us - we told her more stuff about RC than she knew, about future happenings and such, even though she is the most senior LA in the fleet!!!) Adorable and efficient woman. We booked, we chatted, we had fun.

Grabbed lunch in Park Café - Lorna finally tried the roast beef sandwich.

THIS PLACE ROCKS!

Repeat: mango flavored water is GOOD.

Back to Schooner Bar for more trivia. Lots of people showed up this time, because they had come back from Nassau which was steamy hot. And we all know how fascinating and engrossing a port stop this is. Not. Actually, if you haven't been there umpteen times, it can be fun, but Lorna and I have been, and will be there once again in December for Girls Getaway extravaGanza.

Guess who won trivia?

Everyone was pissed because "it's too hard". Matt told them that it was our fault, because we told him to "make it a hard one." :D (true)

Ok, who knows this one: (no googling allowed) What is a fletcher? (I love questions like this.) Anyone remember my being the only one on Mariner to know what the upright piece on a sundial is called? Good times, good times...... ;)

So after dealing with Guest Relations, (and ordering our lounger :D), we returned to our D1 cabin and changed into nice clothes for first formal night.

Dinner at Giovanni's table.

Ok, here is my candid appraisal. Good dinner. Not fabulous. Not as good as everyone else reported.

Frankly, most of the food tasted like MDR food. I had veal, which was good, and you can't get veal anymore in the MDR. But the mashed potatoes and sauce were EXACTLY like MDR mashed potatoes and sauce.

Lorna had stuffed shrimp, which looked and tasted exactly like MDR tiger shrimp.

First courses were different: We shared a spinach soufflé with fontina cheese. Now THAT was outstanding.

Dessert was very good. We both had a triple chocolate thingie.

Tables next to us were full of loud obnoxious, waitress-attention-sucking people. REALLY REALLY REALLY detracted from the experience.

I must confess. Lorna pointed out that *we* were *those people* on a previous cruise, and may have equally annoyed the tables around us. But at least they weren't paying extra. :D

Then we took a nap. FOOD COMA.

Then we woke up, and stumbled down to the Comedy Club. I had a joyful reunion with my old buddy Simeon, who transferred from the Mariner to the Oasis specifically to run this Comedy Club.

Two comedians: one very funny; one not so much. Lorna's waitress spilled her pomegranate margarita on her. She laughed; Lorna didn't.

Then we played slots until late. Then we had a wild party back in the cabin. No, just kidding. We sat up talking, played with the interactive TV, and when the new excursions for the new ports were suddenly and finally posted, we booked..............................

MEXICAN CULINARY EXPERIENCE in Cozumel.

Yes, my friends, I am going to be reunited with Luis and company. TEQUILA!

My extraordinarily reliable sources, since they are onboard, tell me that it is normal maintenance.

The ship farted.

It's a normal procedure to clear accumulated gunk out of the exhaust.

No problems.

:)

and you said that w/a straight face:p

Thanks Carol, for all the tidbits you're posting (i.e. the seats for the Aqua show -- I'm a boardwalk balcony but did book to see it down at the theatre level.

When's the 70's party?:o

. . . Ok, who knows this one: (no googling allowed) What is a fletcher? (I love questions like this.)

A person who fixes the feathers [fletching] to an arrow. I was after all one of the smartest people on Independence once upon a time.

Dennis

I hope you are having a good time, but I really don't understand demanding (fish eye?) or bribing someone to bring you a lounge chair unless you have a suite with a large balcony and are paying the price for something that everyone else doesn't have. What if all balcony cabins wanted a lounger? And your steward gets reported if he fails to drag a heavy chair (taking it from where?) and hoping that none of his other cabins spot him and make the same request? Sorry - but I don't get it. When I can't afford a suite with a large balcony I sit on the balcony with my feet on the rail and life goes on.

Safe travels.

Major News Alert.

Balloon Boy is BACK!!!!!

Hello, Im sailing on Oasis this Saturday when you return. I was wondering if the cruise is going fine. Are you still suppose to return as scheduled to Port Everglades on Saturday? I didnt know if you had heard anything on the ship differently.

Thanks

Hello, Im sailing on Oasis this Saturday when you return. I was wondering if the cruise is going fine. Are you still suppose to return as scheduled to Port Everglades on Saturday? I didnt know if you had heard anything on the ship differently.

Thanks

Of course we are. I do not believe that Hurricane Earl is predicted to hit South Florida.

Why do *I* have to look this stuff up for you?

http://www.noaawatch.gov/2010/tc_at07.php

I hope you are having a good time, but I really don't understand demanding (fish eye?) or bribing someone to bring you a lounge chair unless you have a suite with a large balcony and are paying the price for something that everyone else doesn't have. What if all balcony cabins wanted a lounger? And your steward gets reported if he fails to drag a heavy chair (taking it from where?) and hoping that none of his other cabins spot him and make the same request? Sorry - but I don't get it. When I can't afford a suite with a large balcony I sit on the balcony with my feet on the rail and life goes on.

Safe travels.

You are just wrong, MLevine, whoever you are.

It is not a requirement that one be in a suite in order to have a lounge chair on the balcony.

All that one needs is a balcony large enough to accommodate a lounger.

If you don't want one, feel free to do without.

I have a large balcony, and I want a lounge chair.

Pretty simple.

I just stated my opinion, no need to be nasty about it, whoever you are. Pretty simple.

She wasn't. But your comment that someone was getting bribed and would get reported if he or she did not bring a chair was far out.

If you have a balcony big enough for a lounge chair, you can have one brought. They aren't very heavy, either. On some ships - if you are travelling with friends and your balconies are side by side, yo can have the divider removed, and lounge chairs brought up. Aft balconies often have them already there...

Fran in Toronto

we booked............................

MEXICAN CULINARY EXPERIENCE in Cozumel.

Yes, my friends, I am going to be reunited with Luis and company. TEQUILA!

yes I knew you would and I will in February when I'm on Radiance...and i don't care that DH will be with me

Hi Carol great live posting we board Oasis on 18th Sept so you are just stoking the fires with excitement, watched her sail in on Sat then out again in the eve, she looks great, could you also say hi to LL(Lorna) for us, we did a TA with her on Indy last year and had a great time, hope you get the photo's sorted.

Tom - so good to see your post - miss you all and wish we could see you!! We plan to be on the Liberty in November 2011 out of Barcelona - along with several from last year's Indy. Hope you both are well.

Carol and Lorna - love the live thread!!! I just have had a hard time finding any free time to get on here - I am way behind on Liberty and Jewel threads.....

Wish I could have come with you -- wedding Saturday and next Wednesday I am up to my eyeballs in.

The ship sounds wonderful -- cannot wait to go. I doubt I would even get off the ship!! Hope the itinerary changes aren't affecting you guys - there is so much to do on the ship so I doubt it!! We should try to go sometime or a girl's week away!!! (ha.ha. and wish for a huge price drop!!)

Take care and stay out of trouble you two -- keep the posts coming Carol. Much love to you both!! (Have a cupcake or two for me!!) Mary

Carol, fyi so you will know for future trivia questions...per DH what the engineering dept did on OA (loud bang and black smoke) is called a "regen". or "ReGen" or "Regen"...DH only said the word, he didn't spell it out for me. DH is a mechanic (automotive technician)

YES!!:D:D

Please make it balconies next.................

Please don't make it balconies or we won't cruise. DH smokes ( I quit after a 3 week flu last year), and if balconies are disallowed, he won't go. It took me 10 years to get him to try the first cruise, let's not spoil it. :(

Maybe making one side of the ship "smokers ok" would be a solution... but since the stateroom is our home for the week, I feel banning smoking on the balcony is totally invasive and as inappropriate as banning smoking in my own home would be.

Yeah..don't bother flaming me, I've heard it all before.

Archived