floor space for extra mattress?

shoppergirl10

Is it a room with the queen and sleeper couch?

Unless the room is actually bigger than the one we had - if the sofa is turned into a bed, I really don't see that there would be space for a mattress or cot anywhere except in the "hallway" near the bathroom and thats not very big either.

How old are the kids?

Kids will be 10 (boy) & 7 (girl), thus don't want "fights" sharing the sofa bed.....I am worried it will be too small for them, and that my husband and I will each end of having to sleep with a child and that NO ONE will get a good nights sleep - for 10 DAYS! Last year we had interconnecting rooms which worked out great but there weren't any this year :-( I am trying to make the best of the situation........help!

Yeah that doesn't sound good...

I have just looked at the pictures of our stateroom and the hallway area "might" accommodate a small blow up mattress for the 7 year old but it would make it impossible to get into the bathroom at that point and almost the entire floor area would be covered by beds:(

Unless I'm mistaken, the sofa beds on the Equinox are not your typical sofabeds that open up with one mattress. The other mattress slides up from the bottom and turns into more of a trundle bed, so you're children will each have their own mattress.

Loracpin is right. It is not a fold out sofa bed. One child will actually sleep on top of the sofa (not folded out). The other child will sleep in a trundle that is under the sofa that will be pulled out. The beds are seperate.

If it were me, I would rather have a Pullman than be in CC. When the trundle is pulled out, it takes all of the floor space. We had cabin 7159, which had a Pullman and a trundle (and a huge balcony). The mattress from the trundle was placed on top of the sofa for the sofa bed. I don't know what they will do if you plan on actually using the trundle but I am sure that they will know what to do.

Thanks everyone,

Loracpin/BKFlowerMound:

If its 2 separate mattresses I feel much better, however my preference would be to have a pullman, but according to the deckplans, according to the "colour chart", I do not see ANY Concierge Class rooms with a pullman in it?! I don't know what to do!

I agree that if I were having four in the cabin I'd just take a balcony cabin with the bunk and skip the Concierge. The cabins are exactly the same except you don't get the CC amenities. Buy yourself some flowers and a bottle of champagne with the money you save.;)

Shoppergirl, I agree with Ma Bell. The Concierge amenities are not worth (even with an extra cruise credit) giving up the floor space. Since CC's are the same size as other balcony rooms, I'd choose one of those with a pullman. It will open directly over the sofa at night and not block the open areas. FYI, all cabins (not suites) on Solstice class that sleep more than 2, have the sofa by the balcony. While the sofa in that area doesn't block access to the bathroom, it does make it very difficult to access the balcony. Hope this helps.

I agree with Ma (usually even on the dress code :)). If you can get 7159, which has a huge balcony, and save some money, I would think about moving. If you can't move, it is still better than you thought it was going to be. The only time that it will be an issue is when the trundle is out.

the CC was a FREE upgrade so we aren't paying anymore for it, I will discuss it with my TA and consider the options you all presented, thank you! However, I was looking fw to the enhanced in-room breakfast of CC.....and a few of the other options, for the FREE upgrade.

the CC was a FREE upgrade so we aren't paying anymore for it, I will discuss it with my TA and consider the options you all presented, thank you! However, I was looking fw to the enhanced in-room breakfast of CC.....and a few of the other options, for the FREE upgrade.

If you are in a regular verandah room, you can write in most of the expanded menu items. Truse me that really isn't a biggie. Especially with kids in the room who will be wanting to get out of the room asap. What are the other "free" amenities that you are looking forward to? If you were on an M class ship, you'd get more room and balcony. But you are looking right now at exact same rooms. And the amenities aren't worth much. Also look at the room's location for this upgrade. Often they are rooms at either end that no one would book. Or have a little obstruction. So sometimes the "upgrade" is one you'd WANT to turn down to keep the room you originally chose.

If the sleeping arrangement is impt. I'd look for a regular verandah with upper berth. It sounds like it would be a bigger priority in your case.

While we've never used any of the 3rd or 4th beds in any stateroom, I'd agree with the other posters that the CC amenities are not worth accepting lesser beds for the kids on the S class. Especially since the CC rooms are the same size as other rooms. The only free item is a bottle of sparking wine they sell for about $30 on board and some minor upgrades. The difference in the breakfast menu is not significant - you can get all standard hot and cold breakfast items (rolls, breads, cereals, eggs, breakfast meats, etc) in any cabin and quite frankly I can't imagine trying to eat a breakfast for four people in the cabin - I'd rather go to the buffet.

If you have not done so I'd also suggest that your check out connecting rooms. I'd rather have 2 connecting inside rooms than have four in a CC Veranda room if the prices were close enough. This is what we did with our kids years ago (actually we had adjacent non-connecting rooms but our kids were a little older at the time). The extra space and second bathroom would be much more valuable to me than the veranda and CC ammenities.

Archived